𝚂𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛🍂

bucky's pov
"Dada. Dada. pppffffttttt"
"Peggy. don't do that"
I opened my eyes to see Peggy sitting my head, playing with my metal arm. I grabbed her when she least expected it and held her up high. She squealed and squirmed to get of my grip.
"Why did you wake me up" I asked placin her on my chest.
"Papa. PAPAAAA" Steve came out the bathroom putting on his mission gear.
"Oh buck good you're up. Fury asked me to go on a mission for about 3-6 days"
"Now you tell me?"
"I found out this morning before I went out for a jog"
I put Peggy on the bed and walked past Steve into the bathroom.
"Babe. I'm sorry. I'll be back won't I?"
"I knowwwww but I'll miss youuuu. and what about Pegster" I pointed to her. "Why didn't you decline it. Surely Fury would've understand"
he raised his eyebrows "ok ok fine but still. ugh ok go"
"Are you sure."
"Yes. Yes go save the world."
"hm ok then. do you want me to make you guys breakfast. I have some time to kill"
"Yes. do that"
he laughed "ok. let's go Peggy"
-----------------------------------------------------------
"You're ok then?" Steve said putting on his shoes.
"Yessssssssss. I'm fine. we're fine. ain't that right Pegster"
"Dada pfpffpffpdppfffttttt"
"Peggy. stop doin that" Steve said, tying his shoelaces.
"And plus if anything goes wrong I can just call Nat"
"no you can't. she's coming with me"
"i- steeeeeeve. ugh fine okay. I can do this. Jarvis can help but I've got this"
"ok babe" he smirked. He gave me a short but sweet kiss and gave Peggy gave him a kiss on the cheek.
"Ok bye babe. Bye Pegss"
"Baaba" we smiled
"don't get hurt okay. and come back."
"I always do don't I. till the end of the line. ain't that right Pegs" he winked at me before leaving. I looked at Peggy who looked at me.
"Looks like it's just us"
"Papa"
"He's gone Pegster"
She pouted and tears began to form around her eyes. I instantly regretted what I just said.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"Right Pegster. You've eaten and you've slept. What do you want to do now?"
"Mum mum" she said pointing towards the fridge. I opened the fridge and realized that there was nothing in there except a plum which I gave to Peggy.
"We're going grocery shopping okay. now stay here while I get you clothes" I said, slowly backing away. "Jarvis watch Peggy until I come back please"

I came down to see Peggy covered in plum mush.
"Peggy i- how- what happened"
She babbled showing me her hands and rubbing them in circles in her highchair. "Jarvis what happened"
"Miss Peggy squeezed the plum, making it go everywhere" I pinched the bridge of my nose and placed the clothes and diaper on the island. I gave Peggy a quick bath in the sink (if your parents never didn't this to you are they even your parents?) I put on a onesie and a big dark blue captain America jacket and a small black hat and she had her favourite winter soldier teddy in her hand. I tied my hair up in a bun and put on a large olive green parka jacket. it was unusually cold for a September afternoon. I put Peggy in her car seat and drove to the supermarket.

Peggy had fallen asleep on the way home. We need take a little longer than we supposed to. We ended up goin shopping for clothes. I put Peggy in her crib before going back to the car to bring in the groceries. it was currently 4 47pm.
After I put the groceries away I went to the gym for about an hour and then made dinner. I made chicken alfredo
and left some plain spaghetti for Peggy. She woke up and we ate and then we watch The Notebook. I ended up crying and Peggy had to comfort me. She cupped my face and wiped the tears off my cheeks and gave me a hug before sitting on my lap for the rest of the movie. She was the best.
-----------------------------------------------------------
After I put Peggy to sleep I slipped into my bed. it was cold and lonely. I forced my eyes shut and slowly drifted off to sleep.

The hellicarrier had just crashed into the building and a large chunk of metal had landed on top of me. I struggled to get out and when I looked right I saw Steve limping towards me. I struggled even more, hoping that if he killed me he would make it quick. he lifted up the large peice of metal and I slowly slid out of it holding my broken right arm to my chest. as I steadied my self I threw a punch at Steve.
"Bucky" he panted "You've known me your whole life."
I punched him again. The hellicarrier shook making me fall.
"Your name...is James Buchanan Barnes"
"SHUT UP" I screamed, punching him again. he took off his helmet. he dropped his shield "I'm not gonna fight you. you're my boyfriend. I charged into him and slammed him on the ground. "And you're my mission" I punched him over and over again. I stopped to take a breather and pulled my hand up when he said "then finish it. coz I'm with you till the end of the line" my eyes widened, my hand slowly came down.
C R A S H
a peice of the hellicarrier broke and fell near the place Steve and I were. Steve fell.
"NOOOOOO"

I jerked up, bits of my hair were stuck to my forehead due to all the sweat. my breathing was faster than normal. I slowly sat up panting heavily as I glanced around my room and looked to my right. He wasn't there. The day he isn't here is the day I have nightmares.
"Mr Barnes. Miss Peggy has entered your room"
"Peggy. come here you little trickster" blinking away the tears, that were about to fall, before picking up Peggy and placing her beside me. She turned to face me and placed a hand on my cheek. "Papa good" she slowly went to sleep. A small smile crept on my face as I pulled her closer, falling asleep in a deep, dreamless slumber.
-----------------------------------------------------------
The next 4 days were the same routine. I would wake up. me and Peggy would do something. we went to sleep and Peggy would come and comfort me.

I was feeding pegs some oatmeal when I heard the door open. I snapped my head up and it was Steve.

steve's pov
I opened the door and found Bucky feeding Peggy some oatmeal. He snapped his head up and took Peggy out the highchair.
"PAPAA"
"Hey Peg- oof" I crouched down and she came crawling to me a full speed and tackled me. "Peggyy." I got up and gave her a kiss and adjusted her on my hip. He ran up to me and wrapped his arms around my neck and put his head in the crook of my neck. I put my free arm around his waist.
"Hey baby. You okay?"
he looked up at me, tears forming around his eyes. "Mhm. I missed you. Alot. 5 days? it felt like five years"
I chuckled and he pulled away and gave me a peck on the cheek.
-----------------------------------------------------------
bucky's pov
Once Steve got under the covers I wrapped my arms around his waist and my head on his shoulder and got impossibly closer.
He chuckled "Babe I missed you too but I'm kinda tired now"
"I don't care" I looked up and gave him a peck on lips which led to a full makeout session.
"PAPAAA"
I pulled away from Steve and he got out to pick Peggy up and placed her in between us.

awww so cute