𝙽𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛🦃

i would do other people's pov but I cba

"So how did your husband break his leg" the nurse asked Steve.
"um...."

flashback

"Wake up princess, we're here" bucky said as he gently shook Peggy. Me and Peter walked towards the mall. We saw Nat and Sam sitting on some benches. Bucky had Peggy's arms wrapped around his neck as he walked a bit quicker to catch up with us. We got to the stairs and Peter said, "Uncle Bucky. Uncle Steve. Look what I can do. Peggy look." Peggy turned towards Peter when she heard her name. Peter jumped down the whole flight of stairs, did a somersault and landed perfectly.
"Woah Pete. That's cray" Nat exclaimed as she walked towards Peter and gave him a hug.
"Did you guys like it?"He asked, looking up at us.
"Um HECK YEAH" Bucky shouted.
"Yeah Pete. that was really cool"
"thanks guys." he replied, tying his shoelaces.

"Stevieee." Bucky turned to me with an innocent look on his face.
"What"
"Can I try that?"
"wha- bu- babe we're already at the bottom of the stairs"
"But steeeeeeve-"
"no. you're gonna get hurt"
"*giggles* that is nOt correct. I can do it"
"fine. if you break something, don't say I didn't tell you so"
"iF yOu bReAk sOmEtHiNg- shut up Steve." he ran to the top of the stairs and disappeared. I put Peggy on my shoulders and held onto her legs.
"ouch pegs" she was tugging at my hair. I moved back next to Nat and....Sam (who just randomly appeared).
"He's gonna break something" Sam commented.
"Yup" nat said.
We saw Bucky do a run up and jump down.

I heard a crack
"AAAAAAAHHHHHHH. OWWWWWWWWWWWW. STEEEVE."
I gave Peggy to Nat and ran next to my husband......who had a broken leg. I picked him up bridal style, putting one arm under his broken leg. (i know this so not what you have to do if someone breaks their leg but we move)
"What did I say huh. I told you so". I whispered. I shook my head and starting walking up the stairs. I stopped and turned to Nat and Sam who were laughing.
"I'll call you. Give Peggy something to eat. maybe some biscuits. I need to feed her properly later"
"Got it" Natasha replied after she finished laughing.

"Babe I feel sick.....................and dizzy" Bucky whined
"I know it hurts. we're like 2 minutes away just take deep breaths"

end of flashback

"hello?" the nurse waved her hand in my face.
"oh um yeah. uh. he fell down some stairs"
she raised her eyebrows and wrote something down on her clipboard.
"Is he gonna be okay?"
"yup"
"when is he allowed to come home?" I asked following the nurse around the waiting room (like Hilary in Fresh Prince of Bel Air)
"He'll be released in a about 3-5 days. he'll also have to wear a cast for about 6-8 weeks. Maybe 12 but we'll see"
I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. "Thank you" I sat down and took out my phone to call Nat.

-----------------------------------------------------------

no one's pov
"oh jamie. you had to didn't you. you just had to jump" Sam complained, walking into the room
"go away sam. what are you even doing here"
"I'm sorry. am I not allowed to see my best friend in hospital?"
Bucky blushed a little. "where's Peggy."
"she's right here" nat said, walking in right on time with Peggy. Peggy teleported out of Nat's hands and onto Bucky's chest. "Dada hurt?" she asked, tilting her head.
"yes dada is hurt. look" he pointed at his cast. Peggy gasped and crawled towards it, only to be pulled back Bucky.

Steve walked in, interrupting their conversation with some Burger King.
"ugh finally." Sam exclaimed taking a bag out of Steve's hand. "did she eat?" Steve whispered to Natasha, pointing to Peggy who was sleeping in Bucky's arms.
"not yet."
"aight ok. imma go take her home and make some food."
"no no. you stay. I'll go."
"you sure?"
"yep."
Nat carefully took Peggy off Bucky's chest and kissed Bucky on the forehead. "Get well soon". she took her bag and left.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"BUCKY HOW CAN YOU BE THAT STUPID. YOU BROKE YOUR LEG? HOW?" Wanda screamed through the phone. Bucky was on a group call with the rest of the avengers.
"i-"
"He jumped down from a flight of stairs and landed on his ankle." Peter interrupted. Everyone erupted into laughter. Sam was snickering at Bucky who looked embarrassed. Steve raised his eyebrows and grinned. buck threw an wrapper at Sam and carried on talking to the others.

steve's pov
While Bucky talked to the others on the phone Sam introduced me to this game called Among Us. It was fricking awesome.
"WHA- SAM! YOU WERE THE IMPOSTER. YOU-"
"hehe."
we played until Sam went home at around 9 45pm.
I sat next to bucky.
"I'm sorry Stevie" he said, putting his phone on the table next to him.
"hey. no need to say sorry. I mean you could've listened to me-"
"Steeve"
"*laughs* okok. but seriously. are you okay?"
"yeah. it's bearable. and plus. I've been through worse." I moved a strand of hair out his eyes and gave him a kiss. we pulled apart and rested our foreheads against each other.
"Atleast you have to do everything for me" he whispered.
I dropped my head and smiled to myself. "Babe. I've been doing that ever since we've gotten married" I looked up at him and he rolled his eyes playfully before pulling my shirt for another kiss.
-----------------------------------------------------------

5 days later

"ugh finally" Bucky groaned after he received the news that he could go home. "feels like Azkaban in here" I laughed as helped in put on a pair of shorts. "Do I have to wear shorts?"
"Yes."
"but it's like 0° right now"
"one. you have to until we get some proper clothes and two it's only 53°"
"UGH" he groaned.
"There. Now we go. happy?" he gave a sarcastic smile while putting on his jacket and then put his hand in his crutches.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"DADAAAAA" Peggy screamed as soon as we opened the door. She crawled really quickly to us. Bucky bent down as far as he could to pick her up.

bucky's pov
I bent down as far I could and picked up Peggy. She pulled my hair for no reason at all before asking Steve "Dada no good?"
"no. daddy is not good. daddy is silly"
"*giggles* dada is silly" she said, poking my nose.
"hey. that's mean" she laughed again. Steve took her out my hands and I went over to the couch. Nat was sitting on one of the armchairs. Sam's hoodie and phone was on the coffee table.
"wher-"
"JAMIEEEEE. how you doin man." Sam's voice boomed. He sat down next to me.
"I've just severely broken my leg and in a huge amount of pain but apart from that..........I'm doing great." I replied. Sam slapped me, playfully, on my arm. I looked over to Nat who was walking over to my foot with a sharpie.
"Wha- what are doin." I asked a bit worried. I mean who wouldn't be worried. it's Natasha for heaven's sake.
"Calm down James. I'm just dazzling your cast a little."
"ooooo i wanna try" Steve and Sam said, kneeling down. Steve put Peggy in the playpen. I carefully lifted up my leg and rested it on the coffee table. Steve got the top half of my cast and the other two got the bottom.

"There. done." Steve said.
"Finally. why did you take forty minutes?" I asked.
"Because i- um- I don't know. but look it was worth it." it was the dark mark from Harry Potter.
"Steve. wow. thi- this is amazing." I managed to get out. Natasha and Sam's eyes were widened.
"Steve that's cray." nat spoke up.
"Thanks guys." he said getting up and stretching his arms.

steve's pov
I got up and stretched my arms and went Peggy who looked tired. I took my phone away from her and took her out. "Hey sam will you-" I gestured to Peggy.
"sure" he got up and took Peggy from me as I went to the kitchen.
"What are you doing?" Nat asked.
"I'm swimming" I replied, taking out some pots and pans.
"Okay you and James over here need to stop being so freaking sarcastic"
I chuckled "I'm making dinner." she got up and helped me. "what are we making?"
"lasagna"
"ooo yay"