Chapter 9

Chapter 9- (Present) "Rules"

While eating their dinner, Moon byul tries to steal glances from wheein. As often too much because her Ex wife's eyes are glued to their daughter. She felt a little guilty about leaving her wife back then, but what happened is already enough for the consequences. Her daughter is happily eating her spaghetti that the sauce is sometimes splashed on her face. Luckily, wheein was there to wipe every sauce on her face. Moon byul just eyed every move of her family. Family? But she thought there's no longer them. Since moon byul has a girlfriend back in Switzerland. Yong sun and she are already in a 2 years relationship. And they are going strong since Yong sun has grown attached to Gabriella.

" Wheein" moon byul coldly called the person across her. Wheein looked at her in the eyes. It was like the first day they met back in high school. Memories are so overwhelming that they can make people realize love and cherish the longing moments in life. " I want to set rules for us," moon byul said. The smile on the latter's face dropped as she put down the tissue paper on the table. Their daughter didn't seem to pay attention to them since she was busy eating and playing with her happy meal toy. "I and Gabriella will stay at Jeong's condo and we'll just visit every weekend is that ok with you?" Moon byul asked. Wheein nodded and tried to make a convincing smile, but moon byul knows that it's a fake one and all the sadness is inside it.

" I just want to be with my daughter and cherish the moments that I will be having with her" Wheein said and turned her gaze to her daughter who saw her playing with the toy. Another guilt inside moon byul's body keeps rolling around and seems like it won't stop moving.

After the simple but meaningful dinner, they drive wheein back to the mansion. But moon byul was surprised to see their mallets inside the living room. Wheein as well is surprised. If you're asking where's Gabriella. Well, she is already asleep in moon byul's arms. " Oh Byul welcome back. Is this Gabriella?" Ajumma then walked to them and noticed a sleeping Gabriella, she carried her and was about to walk leaving the pair. "By the way, Byul ah, Jeongyeon went here and dropped your mallets here. She said that you need to stay at the mansion" Ajumma said and walked away with Gabriella.

Moon byul then playfully chuckled, Wheein looked down to her feet. Moon byul then dialled Jeongyeon's phone number and waited for her to answer. "Hello, unn-" Jeongyeon's words were cut off. " What the fucking hell do you want? Did you just do this for me to be forced?" Moon byul angrily asked Jeongyeon. " I'm sorry unnie but wheein unnie did everything to find the both of you and I'm the witness of all of that. My conscience is killing me unnie you need to understand and for Gabriella as well" Jeong Yeon said and hung up on her cousin. Moon byul cursed and went inside the living room stomping.

Wheein walked to moon byul sitting next to her on the couch. Moon byul moved away from her. But wheein stubbornly moved closer to her. "You and your daughter are stubborn" moon byul whispered before drinking on her whiskey. " She's my daughter somehow" wheein playfully said. " Don't think about the rule...I don't have any freaking choice just to make Gabriella feel like she has a family" moon byul defeatedly said. That earned a victorious smile from wheein. "Thanks," wheein said and moved her hand to moon byul's cheek. The latter froze on her sit feeling the hand of her ex. Wheein continuously caressed her cheeks until she moved byul's head in her direction making their faces inches apart from them. Moon byul was about to close her eyes and willing to meet the lips of her ex-lover, but she contemplated and abruptly opened her eyes and pushed her ex-wife away. " I can't do this with you....again," moon byul said and walked out of the room going upstairs until she reached the guest room. Wheein can't get the phrase out of her head.

I can't do this with you....again

She was disappointed in her actions and sadness creep out of her face. As she knows that she can't have the trust back in her wife's life. So she just went to her room where she saw her daughter sleeping under her comforter. She doesn't know what to feel joy, sadness, or fulfilment. As she stared at her daughter's face. Nothing can she say or wanted just to be with her Little angel.