6

Raman was supposed to meet his grandparents in their regular go-to  restaurant.

By the time he reached there, the food was already ordered by his grandparents.

Taking his seat, he asked, "What's the occasion for such a delicious meal?"

Mrs. Bhalla eyed at her husband, smiling, and nodded. Raman was having water while Mr Bhalla broke the news to him, "We have found a girl for you."

Raman was calm, or maybe he was processing the news. He was for sure anything but normal right now. So many things were running into his mind, but his subconscious shelf mocked at him for not accepting the reality. He didn't speak anything. Well, that wasn't what the old couple had expected.

There was complete silence for a few moments. He started serving his grandparents along with him and started having his food.

Soon, the silence was replaced by the noise of the spoons and forks on the plates.

Raman, looking all composed, spoke, "Who is she?"

"The one who had recently joined the company, the assistant accounted."

If eyeballs could come out from its socket and again go back to their place, just like a toy, then it would surely save his eyes.

His eyes got red.

"Haven't I already clarified that I am not dating her?"

"That is not the matter here. We had asked Mr. Murthy to suggest some alliances for you, and Ishita's was one of them. Also, after this news, we dig into her background. The family is good, and so is the girl. Also, she is a friend of Simmi. It won't be a problem for her to live with us."

"Dadu, she works under me. Which would make this alliance a forbidden one. Like, would I marry my employee now? What will she think of me? A manwhore?"

"Why would she think such things? Her parents will tell her the entire truth. Also, you can not deny this marriage. We have already given our words."

Now, nothing can stop him. He was feeling guilty towards her. Dammit, how is he gonna face her?

Soon, the dinner was over. Or may we can conclude that the intention of having dinner was done.

On their back home, Raman had made his mind. He had accepted the fact about his marriage with Ishita.

I will talk to her tomorrow.

On the other side, Ishita was also informed about the same. However, she wasn't forced by her parents' decision. They took the authority to ask her consent.

"He is my boss, amma."

"Yeah, and soon to be your husband."

I like him, but that doesn't mean I want to marry him. I would never do that. I don't want to. How will I face him? I can't say yes to this marriage, decided Ishita.

"I can't marry him."

"Why not?" Inquired her, amma.

"It's simple, he is my boss. My employer and I won't take it any further. You guys can look for another alliance."

Before her amma could say anything further, Mr. Iyer had decided to take the situation under his control. He signaled Mrs. Iyer to not to speak and continued, "He knows about this alliance. Don't worry, we won't proceed without your consent, however, don't let your insecurities take the decision for you. Whether he is a right person or not? I can't tell it now. Only future can answer it, but for now, he is eligible for my daughter."