8

Life's been good, too good to be exact. Landed a job with good pay, got married to a good man, well that's what everyone is claiming, that's another thing that he is my boss. Again, I can't help. Never in my life had I thought that in the morning I would have thaali around my neck, and in the very same evening, that person would tie mangalsutra as well.

Dang! I am married. Like actually married, married. This is something that was never in my future plans. And here I am sitting beside my husband, worshipping to God.

Husband!

It's actually for real. For the past few days, I have been getting dreams of our marriage.

The tension at the Bhalla Mansion is clearly visible. God knows why?

All I want is to sleep right now. It was 5 in the morning, when we were declared married. But the sleep is nowhere in his eyes. All the while, I could see from my peripheral vision that he was clenching his jaws. Angery! Irritation! Annoyed! Every such feeling was clearly vision in his face.

Oh yes, his anger issues. What have I got myself into? I am a gone case now.

"May God bless you with a happy and prosperous  marriage." Said dadi ji

"Simmi, take Ishita to your room." She said to Simmi and turned towards me, "Ishita, go and take bath. Then, we will perform other rituals."

I nodded and followed Simmi.

---‐---------------------------‐-----------------------------------

Raman's POV

Everything went smoothly. Papa didn't attend the wedding. I was missing my maa, a bit more today. It was good that my grandparents performed all the duties in my wedding as a groom's parents. Though, I felt bad for Mummyji. She was standing in the corner, adoring me. I know she had raised me as a mother would. But not everything could be forgotten, and move on.

Now, Ishita is also part of all this. I need to reveal her the truth to her as well. All the while, she was trying to look at me. Unaware of the fact, I was stealing glances at her.

The night when our marriage was fixed, I had decided that I would try to be a good husband, which my maa would have wanted me to be like. I don't know about love, but I will be a supportive and understanding partner to her.

I thought that dadi and dadu would be most excited for my wedding, but Simmi's excitement trespassed theirs and why not, after and all it was her best friend's wedding too.

Thinking about all this, I have taken my bath. I have got a few hours before my presence is required for other post wedding rituals. In the meantime, I have decided to work.

Chabra had mailed me the required files and proofs. It contained information about the owner of the bank account, to whom those huge  transactions were made.

It was none other than whom I guessed it to be.

Well, two can play this game.

I finished my other work and went to sleep in Romi's room.

Ours is being decorated for tonight. Thinking about it, I again clenched my jaws.

------------------------------------------------------------

Author's POV

By the time all the rituals were performed, it was already evening. Everyone had evening snacks. Since it was their eldest grandchild wedding, Raman's grandparents were forgiven and allowed to break their typical diet, although Raman was a bit concerned about it.