thirtytwo

𝔈𝔩𝔶𝔰𝔢 knocks at the door of the house, pulling her coat close to her

𝔈𝔩𝔶𝔰𝔢 knocks at the door of the house, pulling her coat close to her. The night is crawling above her as she waits for a response. The door opens, but is immediately slammed closed on her, making her sigh. She knocks on the door again as she looks at the closed door desperately.

"Please. I'm so sorry." Elyse begs, and the door is slowly opened again. Hermione glares at her angrily.

"You let them kill Dumbledore." Hermione snaps, making Elyse look away in shame, not daring to meet her eyes.

"I know. I'm so sorry. There is nothing I can say to apologise. But you have to understand I had no choice. From the very beginning." Elyse says as she unconsciously, puts a hand on her forearm as if to cover the death mark. Hermione notices it and soften.

"You were forced into it weren't you? I'm guessing Draco as well. You were just protecting each other." Hermione concludes, making Elyse nod as she finally looks back at her. Hermione opens the door wide, letting Elyse in. "What are you doing here? Is Draco here?"

"No. I have no where to go. This is going to sound crazy, but you have to believe me." Elyse says, making Hermione nod, before taking her hand and pulling her upstairs into her room. Hermione closes the door, before they sit on her bed.

"What's going on?"

"I got into a fight with Bellatrix. I snapped my wand to show her that I didn't want a part of this. But she used it to her advantage and tried to kill me. What happened next is the reason I'm here." Elyse explains, making Hermione look at her curiously. "I used magic without a wand."

"Elyse. What you're saying is impossible. Not even Dumbledore was able to do that." Hermione points out, making Elyse nod in agreement, before she looks at a candle and casts a spell to turn it on. Hermione gasps in shock, before grinning at her. "This is amazing."

"I'd celebrate with you, but Bellatrix told Voldemort." Elyse says, making Hermione's smile drop as she realises the meaning.

"He'd use you to destroy all of us." Hermione says, making Elyse nod.

"So my parents and Draco arranged to send me to the Muggle world. They don't know I'm here with you. But you're the only one I could go to." Elyse says and Hermione smiles weakly in understanding.

"Harry, Ron and I are not going back to Hogwarts. We're going to go destroy the last Hocruxes." Hermione says, making Elyse perk up.

"Can I help? In anyway. I'll do it. I promised Draco I'd get him out of there." Elyse says, making Hermione smirk as she nods.

"You can come with us. But it'll be dangerous. We're on our own on this. Ron and Harry won't be pleased to see you immediately, but once I explain they'll understand." Hermione says and Elyse smiles gratefully.

"Thank you. I know you have every reason to hate me." Elyse breaths out, and Hermione shakes her head.

"I sort of had a feeling you were in trouble since that time Snape interrupted our conversation." Hermione shrugs, making Elyse chuckle softly and nod.