Chapter 1: Round One

(Cemetery, Narrator's POV)

The sun had just risen over the kingdom of Vale. Today was a special day for Krystal: the anniversary of her mother's death. She didn't want to go alone and had taken Night with her. He spent the vacation at the light-haired girl's house. The two teenagers arrived in front of a grave with the name "Stella Shin".

"Hi, Mom, it's me." Said the young woman at the grave as she set down a bouquet of blue roses. "I heard Marcus Black got killed. I guess justice is served." She continues.

"By the way, meet my boyfriend, Night Sustrai." She said.

"I'm glad to meet you, Mrs. Shin." Said the young man as he knelt in front of the grave and placed a second bouquet.

"Night and I have been together for almost two months. He spent the vacations at home." Said the young woman before sighing.

"He and I are... A little... Loaded. We've run into some problems at Beacon that we really need to work out." She said, referring to Cinder, Emerald and Mercury.

"These problems will be taken care of. And I will take care of protecting your daughter." Said the young man as he placed his hand on Krystal's. "I owe her a lot. Since I came to Beacon, she has helped me a great deal, and I am very grateful." Said the young man. Indeed, Night has become calmer thanks to Krystal, even though he is still very serious and hits easily.

"Krystal! Night!" A voice calls out.

"It's Dad!" Krystal said. The two teenagers get to their feet. "We're going to compete in the festival tournament. Bring us luck from where you are." Says Krystal to the tombstone before leaving.

(A few days later)

"WELCOME TO THE VYTAL FESTIVAL TOURNAMENT! Broadcast live from the Amity Colosseum!" Professor Port exclaimed over the loudspeaker of the floating building. The students of the Remnant academies were in a frenzy over the fight that was taking place before their eyes!

"If this is your first time watching, allow us to brack down the rules." Said Professor Port to the audience.

"The tournament is divide into three distinctives rounds: Teams, Doubles and Singles. Age and school year are irrelevant. In this tournament, the only attribute being tested... is skill." Dr. Oobleck explains.

"Correct! The winners of these battles will elect two of their members to represent them in the double round. Followed by the winners of that round choosing one member to advance once again! The remaining combatant will then fight their way through the final bracket in the hope of achieveing victory for their kingdom! " Professor Port explains.

"And yes, Peter, these certainly are some spectacular spectacles on which to spectate on. And I don't think anyone tuning in around the world is going to disagree with me on that." Continue Doctor Oobleck

"Ah, and why would they?" Peter asks. "Now let's get back to the match between Team KNRD (Konrad) from Beacon, and Team MOTN (Mountain) from Atlas." the Professor Port said.

(Night's POV)

I was hiding behind a rock, under fire from a FUCKING Gatling gun. I quickly went out to shoot him before retreating.

"Shit! Shit! Shit!" Dragon shouts as he hides with me. "Oh you here?" He asks me.

"Yeah!" I replied before cocking my shotgun, standing up and firing at the student with a Gatling gun. The shot went right by him.

"Learn to aim!" He yells at me before he starts shooting again. I ducked again.

"Watch out !" Dragon shouts at me before putting his sword in front of me, parrying a bullet. He saw a student hiding in a tree.