Chapter 15: Brother and Sister

(Narrator's POV)

.

..

...

..

.

"You better have listened to me, asshole." Emerald growls at her brother before removing the blade of her sickle from the body of her brother, who falls to his knees with a cough. Emerald got up and put the barrel of her gun on her brother's skull.

"Are you really going to kill me?" Growls the young in disgust.

"I told you before: It's Cinder's order, and I'm ready to carry them out to stay with her." The young woman replied coldly.

"Do you think of her as your new mother or what? In case you don't know, there's no substitute for a family." Night growls bitterly at his sister.

"My family is dead, and the only one I have left has done nothing for me!" Shouts the young woman by pressing more the barrel of her weapon on the skull of her brother.

"You're still so much in denial, I see. Ask to Mercury, I'm ready to cut my arm off he's gonna tell you Cinder don't give a damn about him." He replied coldly

"Except I'm not Mercury. Sorry, but that's how it is." Emerald told him coldly

"It's like this ... "Life is unfair and is its injustices that lead to death." That's it?" Night growls before coughing up blood by liters. Emerald continues to increase the pressure of her gun on the skull of her brother.

"I'm going to do you a favor: I'm going to finish you off, so your death will be much more pleasant." She told him coldly. Night began to look at her with a cold air.

"Tell me, Night Sustrai, what are your last words?" She asked him icily and finger on the trigger.

"I have one last gift for you ... Something I don't want anymore ..." he growls. Emerald ducked down and leveled up with her brother as she pulled her gun from his head.

"What ?" She asks coldly. Night grabbed her head and put her thumbs over her sister's eyes, making her scream. Night showed her visions: Their burning house, her countless nightmares, her angry outbursts related to her.

"What ?" She asks coldly. Night grabbed her head and put his thumbs over his sister's eyes, making her scream. Night showed his visions: Their burning house, the lifeless bodies of their parents, his countless nightmares, his outbursts of anger related to her.

"Two years of suffering ! Of fearing! Of anger ! Of loneliness!" Moaned the young man as the minks were chained in the head of his sister, who cracked little by little.

"Stop! Please!" She begs him, grabbing his arms, praying that these visions stop, but Night did not listen and continued to show her visions until Emerald end up crying.