Chapter 2: Deserved break

(Later, Night's POV)

We went to the Beacon campus for lunch. We were pretty tired from the fight and needed a break.

"Man, I'm starving, I could eat like four." Complains Resare.

"For as long as I can remember, you've always eaten for four." Dragon scoffs.

"Oh fuck you..." Resare growls at him.

"I'll admit, I'm a little hungry too..." I sigh, scratching the back of my head.

"That's good, there are food stands everywhere." Dragon said to us. Indeed, there were food stalls everywhere, no matter where we put our eyes. There were very good smells, which made everyone drool, especially Resare.

"Come on, for a change, it's on me." I tell my team.

"Really?" Krystal asks me, surprised.

"Yeah. Once Emerald gives me my wallet back." I replied before turning around, seeing Emerald with my wallet in hand. My whole team started to look at her with a cold look.

"You're not discreet enough, you know that?" I asked her.

"I thought so." She replies, hiding my wallet behind her back.

"Can you give it back to me?" I asked her as I held out my hand. She handed me back my wallet. All my money was there.

"I saw your fight, you were amazing!" Emerald tells us, admiringly.

"Thanks, sis. I saw that your team qualified, too." I replied, flashing a smile and putting my wallet away.

"Yeah, we did pretty well." She replies to me. "By the way, did you pick who's going to participate in the double fights?" She asks us.

"Not yet." Krystal replies to her. "How about you?" She asks.

"That would be me and Mercury. Our team leader isn't too keen on going public, especially after what she did, in battle." Emerald replies to her, scratching the back of her head.

"Are you talking about Cinder? What did she do?" Resare asks, arms crossed.

"Errrrrrrrrrrr..."Emerald Squeak

(During the fight, Emerald's POV)

I was hiding in a tree shooting at one of the students when Cinder came along. She kicked him in the back, sending him to the ground before grabbing him by the neck and slamming his skull into a tree several times before sending him to the ground and crushing his head with a kick..

(Now, Resare's POV)

We all pulled a face when we heard what Emerald said.

"You can't be serious" Night told her. Emerald just answers with a shake of her head

"Aaannnd where's the guy?" Dragon asks.

"To the infirmary." Emerald sighed. Night sighed.

"You bet she doesn't want to flaunt it after that." Night sighs as he pinches the bridge of his nose.

"Yeah, it wouldn't really be good for our image, to have her come into the arena after this." Emerald confirms.

"Yeah. Could you do me a favor?" Night asks her.

"Sure, which one?" Emerald asks me.

"If we come to face each other during the double fights, be sure to tell Cinder to take a front row seat." He told her slyly