Chapter 11: PvP

(Dragon's POV)

Me and my team returned to the Colosseum. There were already a lot of people inside, but it was also not difficult to see empty seats. The fight hadn't even been announced yet as spectators were already over-excited. We were able to find seats in the first row. We settled in and started to wait.

Night sat next to me, legs crossed and head resting on his arm, fist closed, elbow on the armrest. I looked at the stands opposite, which were filled with spectators, it all seemed insignificant before my gaze fell on someone in particular at the other end of the arena. A woman with ebony skin and mint hair.

(Night's POV)

"Night? We have a problem." Dragon told me seriously.

"Which one?" I answered him by raising my head.

"Emerald's here." He replied in that same serious tone.

"What? Are you sure?" I answered him by straightening up. The girls started looking at us.

"Sure. She's right in front of us, in the front row!" Dragon replied. I felt the pressure build up inside me.

"What the fuck is she doing here?" Resare asks. I rummaged through the inside pocket of my jacket and pulled out the earbuds we had used on prom night and gave them to my teammates.

"Krystal, you are searching the eastern part of the Colosseum, I'll take care of the western side." I told her with a determined air under the gaze of Dragon, who did not understand. I climbed the steps of the stands four by four.

"Night, what are you doing? What's the point of searching in the Colosseum?" Dragon asks me through the headset.

"Seems obvious to me: If Emerald's here, then Cinder and Mercury are too!" I told him coldly. I arrive at one of the exits and open one of the red doors, which leads me into a hallway. I start to move forward.

"Alright, now it's time to begin the randomization process of our next fight" Declare Oobleck through the speakers

"Dragon, watch Emerald." I ordered him through the headset.

"On it" He replied.

I walk near an exit when I heard someone approach. This person came before me.

"Mercury..." I groaned as he looked at me slyly.

"It's looks like our first contender is Penny Polendina from Atlas" Declare Port through the speaker.

"Weren't you supposed to be in jail, were you?" I growled at Mercury. Without answer

"And her opponent will be... Pyrrha Nikos from Beacon." Declare Port.

"Ouuuh ... Polarity versus metal?" Mercury said before inhaling, his teeth clenched. "That could be bad." He told me. It didn't take me long to understand Cinder's little game. When I understood, my eyes widened.

"Shit !" I said as I looked behind me. My gaze returned to him. I was angry. At a point that I never imagined it would be !

"And you, start talking now! What are you doing here !?" I shouted at him. "Ironwood sent you all three to jail!" I continued. Mercury laughed.

"It was a diversion. We needed an excuse to be kicked out of Beacon, just to finalize our preparations. The ship's driver didn't work for Ironwood, he was an accomplice." He explains to me.

"Where's Cinder?" I growled at him, my fists clenched. Mercury didn't answer me.

"I see. You don't want to talk, so I'll find her myself." I told him determinedly.