Chapter 12: Battle of Beacon

(Krytsal's POV)

I had searched the eastern part of the colosseum. It was empty. I was trying to contact the others, but the communication was cut off, even though Cinder had finished broadcasting her message. Night wasn't even responding on his Scroll. It really worried me! The alarm sounded in the Colosseum.

"Alert, Incoming Grimms attack. Threat level: 9" A voice said over the speaker.

A level 9 threat !? That can't be !

When I heard that, I immediately understood that the assault had started, so I rushed towards the arena!

(Dragon's POV)

In the stands of the arena, there was total panic: The students were fleeing, screaming, running. The arena reeked of negativity.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please, there's no need for panic." The general told us over the speakers. We heard a howl from Grimm. Looking up, we saw a Nevermore, resting on the magnetic field, hitting it with its beak.

"Shit! What the hell is it doing here !?" I screamed. I looked at the middle of the arena, and I saw Pyrrha, still paralyzed.

"Pyrrha! That thing's going to breack in, you gotta move!" Jaune shouts at her. The Nevermore continued to tap the magnetic field, which was starting to weaken.

"PYRRHA! MOVE!" I yelled at her, but she didn't react. The Nevermore began to fly over the field, ready to deliver the final blow.

"Fuck this!" I growled before jumping over the railing and landing in the arena. I ran up to Pyrrha and grab her arm.

"Don't stay there!" I shouted at her before taking her with me. I looked up and saw the Grimm pierce the barrier. Seeing this, I made Pyrrha pass in front of me before the monster hit the ground. We've both been thrown, but I protected Pyrrha in my arms. I turned around so my back hit the ground.

"You okay ?" I asked to Pyrrha, still shelter in my arms. She just answers me with a nod. As we looked up, we saw the Nevermore rush over us. We were about to run away when we saw Ruby run over it with her Semblance and plant one of Penny's swords at it. The monster howled in pain. She jumps back and stands in front of the monster, ready to face it. I let go of Pyrrha and stood up.

"Ruby?" Pyrrha asks and kneels down. Without answer.

"Leave her alone!" Screams Ruby at the Nevermore. She was pissed! I had never seen her like this! The Grimm flew, circled the arena before flying low to the ground before being crushed by several rocket lockers, which opened one after the other. Several teams landed, the rest of the team JNPR, the team SSSN, the team CFVY, the team ABRN, the team BRNZ and Flynn and Neon, from the team FNKI.

The monster stood up roaring, ready to slaughter us all. All the students walk away, while Nora slams it on the head with a hammer, crushing it to the ground. Yatsuhachi and Sage cut off its head. Resare and Krystal came up behind me.

"Where's Night?" I asked them.

"I don't know, there is no way to communicate with him anymore ..." Krystal answers, worried. Resare, on the other hand, just looked down, ears downcast. I hadn't seen her like this for 6 years.

"I'm sure he's okay." I told them reassuringly. We turned to Pyrrha, who was holding a piece of Penny's cloth in her hands.

"Ruby, I ... I'am so sorry ..." she told her, tears in her eyes.

"Me too ... But it wasn't your fault." Ruby replied.

"She's right." Adds Jaune by approaching Pyrrha, bringing her her spear and shield.