Chapter 4: Meeting

(Ozpin's Office, Narrator's POV)

Following the altercation between Winter and Qrow, General Ironwood went to wait for Ozpin in his office. He was accompanied by Winter, who was pacing back and forth. She stopped when the elevator door opened, revealing Qrow, accompanied by Ozpin, Glynda and Luka.

"What were you thinking?!" Asks the white-haired woman, very pissed.

"If you were on of my men, I would have you shot!" Adds the general, also angry

"If I was one of your men, I'd shoot myself." Qrow replies before taking out his flask of whiskey.

"While I wouldn't condone his behavior, retailing like you did certainly didn't help the situation" Said Glynda to Winter, as she approached the office, followed by Ozpin and Luka.

"He was drunk!" Defends the specialist.

"He's always drunk." Glynda replied. All eyes fell on Qrow, who was drinking from his canteen.

"Dammit Qrow, for once stop drinking that shit!" Luka yells at him, snatching the canteen from his hands and throwing it against the wall next to the elevator. The whole gourd is emptied on the floor.

"Hey, what's the matter with you, pal?" Qrow asks him.

"First, don't call me pal. Secondly, I'm sick and tired of it being a mess every time you show up! I wish you'd get your fingers out of your ass for once and stop being such a asshole !" The Valian Master-Corporal replied, who was very upset. Ozpin sighed before sitting down in his chair.

"Qrow ... why are you here?" Asks Professor Ozpin, annoyed.

"You've been out of contact for weeks! You can't just go dark like that in the field!" Reproaches the general to the alcoholic.

"I'm not one of your special operatives, Jimmy." Qrow answers coldly

"General." Winter coldly corrects.

"Whatever. You sent me to get intel on our enemy, and I'm telling you, our enemy is here." Qrow informs them.

"We know." The general answers him.

"Oh! Oh you know. Well, thank goodness I'm out there risking my life to keep you all informed!" Complains the alcoholic. the general sighs.

"Qrow-"

"Communication's a two way street, pal." Qrow said before taking out his Scroll and showing it to the general. "You see this? That's the 'Send' button." Qrow said as showing at the button in question.

"They had reason to assume you'd been compromised" Winter told him.

"And I have reason to assume you don't need to be here" Qrow answers coldly. "Seriously, who invited her?" He asks. Ironwood sighs.

"Schnee, we'll discuss this incident back on my ship." Said the general to the specialist.

"But, sir...-"

"Winter, leave." The general orders her

"Yes, sir." Winter replied giving a military salute before leaving the room.

"Go on." The general told to Qrow.

"Your little infiltrator aren't just another pawn. They're the one responsible for Autumn's condition." Qrow replies.

"What?!" Glynda asks.

"Are you kidding us?" Luka asked, not believing the alcoholic.

"Unfortunately no." Qrow answers him. "Despite what the world thinks, we're not just professors or generals, or headmasters. The people in this room, the leader of the other two academies, we're the ones that keep the world safe from the evils no one even knows about. It's why we meet behind closed doors, why we work in the shadows. So you tell me James, when you brought your army to Vale, did you think you were being discreet or did you just dont give a damn? " Qrow asks while confronting the general.