Final Chapter: The spirit is indomitable

(Night's POV)

"Father ?" I asked this man

"Hello, Night." He replied monotonously before smiling

"It's been a long time! You've grown awfully tall, it looks like my spitting image!" He said to me before looking me up and down before chuckling.

"And you have kept my jacket, too. Well, it's worn, but you kept it." He told me.

"But ... where are we?" I asked him, getting up. "Am I dead?" I asked him.

"No, don't worry, you're not dead. We're in your head." He replied in a serious tone.

"In my head? But if I'm not dead, what happened to me?" I asked him before I heard a strange noise, some kind of defibrillator being charged

"One two three, clear!" A voice exclaims. Immediately I felt an electric shock in my heart. I fell to my knees holding my chest in pain.

"You have your answer now." My father told me. "You may have survived Beacon, but you're not out of the woods yet" he adds

"I ... find it hard to believe that I failed ..." I sigh.

"You did the very best you could. You can be proud of yourself." Replied my father.

"To be proud of myself? How do you want me to be proud of myself!?" I shouted at him. He looked at me surprised.

"I fucked up! I put my friends and my girlfriend in danger, I took every risk in the world to stop Cinder... FOR NOTHING!" I screamed.

"How about you tell me about her? About Cinder." My father asks me.

"I ... I hate her ..." I told him.

"She came into my life two years ago and divided what was left of our family. It was because of her that Emerald tried to kill me..." I explained.

"You brought your sister to her senses, that's already a good thing. But this Cinder? What's the best thing for you, about her?" He asks me.

"I... I think I should kill her..." I replied.

"And why this ?" He asks me questioningly.

"Besides manipulating Emerald, she's really dangerous. She escaped jail quickly, attacked Beacon and could attack other academies... She's a danger to Remnant. I hate killing, and I don't approve of this method to get rid of a problem... But I can't convince my spirit to find another solution ..." I explained to him. I felt sorry for telling him that. My father knelt down in front of me and put his hand on my shoulder.

 My father knelt down in front of me and put his hand on my shoulder