Epilogue: One Year Later

One year later, and the three of them were back in the heart of Las Vegas. Elevena applauded as Alex and Jack finished their speech. They had co-written a book about the possibility of life on other planets after their encounter with Seth and Sara, and while they didn't explicitly state who the aliens that they met were, it was highly successful.

Not to mention, keep the prying eyes of the government and Wolfe away. They definitely were less likely to disappear with all the attention they were now getting, and it was all thanks to their bravery inspired from the twins.

People from all over wanted to know more about the formidable couple who had survived an interaction with aliens, the only two the public knew came across them.

Jack had kept Elevena a secret out of their story and she had to say, she never felt more thankful when she witnessed all of the crowds and camera flashes, along with people clamoring to get their autograph. She was never a fan of being in the spotlight, she'd much rather spy from a distance where no one was the wiser. Not to mention, the only kind of attention she longed for was from her mate.

Seth.

It had been an entire year, and nothing yet. The device he left in their care hadn't beeped once and while she had her doubts once in a while, she was largely hopeful. He had promised her, and she knew he would do everything in his power to keep it.

Slipping out the back door, she met up with Jack and Alex back in the apartment so that she didn't draw attention to herself. Unlike the mustiness of their old motel room, this one was clean and bright. Fresh linen on each bed and carpeted floors that were soft beneath her feet.

Junkyard ran out to greet her as she opened the door and she grinned, dropping down to her knees, petting him vigorously.

She didn't even notice the figures standing in the kitchen.

This looks a bit different from your last abode.

Elevena's head snapped up and a huge smile split across her features. Squealing excitedly, she launched herself at the blonde girl, hugging her tightly.

"I can't believe you're here!! You're finally here!!!" She couldn't stop herself from shouting.

Sara giggled before pulling back, staring at something behind her with a knowing twinkle in her eye. "There is someone else who would like to say hello to you too, Elevena."

Her breathing quickened and she didn't dare turn around for fear that this would all be a dream.

But the strong arms that circled her waist from behind wiped that thought immediately from her head as notes of sandalwood and ginger wafted through the air.

Hot breaths puffed out against her ear and she could practically hear the smirk in his voice. "Hello, Elevena."

She tried to turn around in his arms, pounding her fists against forearms when he wouldn't let her go. Finally, he loosened his grip just enough to allow her to pivot on her toes but her giddy exclamation was smothered by a searing kiss.

Returning it just as passionately, she bit down teasingly on his bottom lip, resting her hands on his heaving chest as she pulled away.

His face was flushed, and lips bruised from her assault. He had grown since the last time she had seen him. His platinum blonde hair had gotten just a bit longer, but it looked good on him. He was sporting a black t-shirt and jeans that hung on his hips just right.

Poking his chest, she joked, "Well, it doesn't look like you missed me at all."

The eye roll that followed had her sputtering indignantly, eliciting a soft chuckle from her mate. His cerulean eyes gazed at her tenderly, a fond smile tugging at the corner of his mouth.