Chapter Seven

It was a normal afternoon. Ross had just gotten off work and after dropping his stuff off at his place, he decided to swing by Monica and Chandler's to see what they were up to. After scaling the building stairs he approached the door and found it unlocked, not that that was out of the ordinary. It was the one thing he never quite understood about his sister. With all her little obsessions and habits, he found it strange that locking the door wasn't one of them.

"Chandler? Monica?" Ross yelled out, entering the apartment.

"In the bathroom!" replied a muffled voice he couldn't quite make out.

He made his way over to the bathroom and knocked on the door. "Is it alright if I come in?"

"Who is it?"

"It's Ross."

"Oh, yeah sure!"

Ross turned the knob and walked in, surprised to find Rachel sitting in the bath filled with bubbles. Lightly scented candles were lit around the bath, setting a calm and peaceful atmosphere. His eyes landed on Rachel who smiled when she saw him.

"Hi," she greeted cheerfully.

"Um, hi," he replied, also with a smile. "Why are you taking a bath here? You know you live a few steps away from here, right?"

"I know that silly. It's a lot more relaxing here and Mon lent me her scented candles. Plus, the bath over at my place is covered in food stains."

Ross raised an eyebrow. "Food stains?"

She sighed and shook her head. "Don't ask."

He chuckled. "Do you know where Monica and Chandler are? I thought they'd be around."

"They went out to get supplies. We're supposed to start planning their wedding later tonight so Mon wanted to buy some binders and folders."

"That's Mon," Ross laughed. A calm moment of silence went by and the two of them looked at each other with soft smiles. He noticed her lifting her chin towards him a little bit and raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"You haven't kissed me yet."

"I didn't know that that was something I'm supposed to do," he joked.

"Well now it is," she replied with a smile. "Besides, every time you've seen me naked you've kissed me. Can't ruin that streak right?"

"Aha, well that's where you're wrong. I haven't seen you naked yet," he pointed out.

Rachel rolled her eyes. "Just kiss me."

"Ok," he said, finally giving in and planting a soft, lingering kiss on her lips. "Happy?"

"Very," she hummed.

Ross shook his head and chuckled. "Alright, well I'll let you go back to relaxing," he said, standing back up.

"Wait, where are you going?" she asked.

"To the fridge? I'm going to grab a quick snack," he replied, a little confused.

"Then where?"

"Well I was going to watch some TV, why?"

"Well, why don't you come back here?" Rachel asked coyly.

"And watch you bathe?"

She laughed and rolled her eyes. "No silly, so you can come join me."

"In the bath?" Ross asked, almost out of disbelief.

"Where else?"

"I don't know Rach, it's kind of risky," he said, scratching the back of his head.