Chapter 21

"Rachel, hurry up or we're going to be late!"

Ross tapped his foot and slowly paced around his living room, glancing at his watch from time to time. Tonight was Thanksgiving night and he had told Monica that he and Rachel would be there on time, especially since they were expecting a guest today, but with Rachel still not ready yet, he may as well start preparing for an earful. He probably should have expected that she'd take forever to get changed, not to mention the pregnancy, but even then, this was getting to be ridiculous.

"Rachel!" he called out again, getting a little frustrated with her tardiness.

A few moments passed by without a response and just as he was about to go check on her to see what was taking so long, he heard shuffling come from their bedroom.

"Ok, ok, I'm ready!" he heard her say.

"Thank God," he mumbled, turning around to grab their jackets off the hook as he heard her emerge behind him. "Alright, let's go."

"Hold on, how do I look?"

Exasperated, Ross spun around to face her, but when his eyes landed on her outfit they immediately widened as his mouth dropped open in shock and disbelief.

Standing in front of him was Rachel, leaning against the doorframe as if she was striking a pose. The first thing his eyes noticed was that her small bump was showing slightly beneath her shirt, though that was the least of his worries. Her tight black leggings showing off her slender legs led up to an incredibly short skirt, leaving very little to the imagination. On top, the very revealing blouse she was wearing left her cleavage practically completely exposed, almost to the point where even he felt a little uncomfortable. Out of all the possible outfits he could have guessed, this was the last one that would have come to mind.

"Wh-what are you wearing?" he stuttered, still dumbfounded by her clothes.

Rachel pouted. "You don't like it?" she asked in an almost sultry tone as she slowly sauntered towards him.

The fact that she didn't seem to be affected by her outfit baffled him further. "You don't see what's wrong with it?"

She wrapped her arms around his neck and softly played with the back of his hair, looking into his eyes with a strange hunger. "I wore this for you. I thought you'd like it."

"Well... I mean, I-"

He didn't get to finish as he was cut-off by her lips pressing hard into his, kissing him furiously and passionately. For a second he forgot where he was and began to kiss her back, even deepening the kiss after he felt her tongue begging for entrance into his mouth. Moments later, however, Ross realised that things were escalating far too quickly and immediately broke the kiss, pushing her back slightly.

"Aww, why'd you stop?" she pouted again.

"Rach, this is not the time for that right now," he said, quickly glancing at his watch. "Ok, you need to get changed and we need to go. We're already late."

She didn't budge, however, and just stood there smiling at him. "Well if we're going to be late anyways..." Slowly she approached him again and before he knew it, her lips were brushing against his once again.

"Rachel, that's enough," he said, a little more firmly this time. He pushed her away slightly, but not enough for her to separate herself from him.

"Oh come on Ross, we'll be quick..." she whispered sensually, closing her eyes and running her hands on his chest.

Her words ran through his head and all of a sudden, he realised what she was referring to. Eyes widened, Ross took a step back, looking at the ground and scratching the back of his head.