Part 17

I dropped the phone and screamed when the knock came from the window. I looked and it was only Molly, to late now, i was already in full blow tears and shaking. Molly pointed to the lock and with shaky hands i pushed the button and she opened the door.

"calm down," She says wrapping me in a hug. TJ must have called her because the school was closer and she could get to me faster. "What happened?" she asked pulling away and looking at me. I looked in the rear view mirror again and seen Sam's truck pull up, then all the boys pile out. Sam ran over to me and took Molly's place hugging me.

"What happened Babe?" he asked looking me over to make sure I wasn't hurt.

"I seen him," I say shaking some more. I must have looked so crazy just crying in the truck over something impossible. c

"Hormones," Tj whispered and then let out a groan because Molly elbowed him in the stomach. I pulled away from Sam and he held my face.

"Alright, slide over to the other seat, I'm driving you home," he said throwing the keys to Cole. "Cole make sure my truck gets home later," He says getting in and driving. I was just sitting there looking out the window.

"He's dead," I whispered to myself over and over again. But for some reason, something told me otherwise.

"Hey," Sam said grabbing my hand and kissing it, "Austin died in the warehouse almost a year ago, okay. He is dead, he can't hurt you anymore," he says making me relax a little.

"I swear on my life, it was him in the mirror Sam. I know a face when I see one," I say getting all worked up again.

"You are just seeing things, he's dead. People can't come back to life after falling off a building like that. You just need to go home and relax. Maybe going back to school was a bad idea, to soon. Just stay home a few days and chill," He says as we pull into the drive-way. 

"Sam I know what I saw!" I shout getting out and slamming the door. I walk to the door and unlock it, slam that and go to the kitchen for some water. I was so worked up, TJ was right, my hormones are making me go crazy. I feel Sam wrap his arms around my waist and set his chin on my shoulder.

"Please relax," He whispers to me kissing my neck. He hated when I got so worked up and upset. 

"Why should I relax when you don't believe me?" I say turning around in his arms and pushing him back a little.

"I do believe you," he says making me cross my arms getting even more upset because i know the look, he thinks I'm crazy.

"No you don't! You think I'm just seeing things, but there was someone behind my truck, and i seen the same person walking across the parking lot," I say in a loud voice. Sam shakes his head at me.

"It could have been someone just walking past, people do that you know," He says to me like i've completely lost it now.

"Someone just randomly staring at me from behind the truck... I don't think so Sam," I say going to walk away but Sam carefully grabs my arm making me stop.

"You're tired and imagining things Cassidy. It's normal for someone who went through that to be seeing things," Sam says which puts me over the edge.

"I know what I saw!" I shout pulling away and rushing upstairs and to our bedroom. I go to the bathroom and lock the door as tears run down my face. I hear Sam walking up the stairs, not in a hurry, and then in the bedroom.

"Cass, open the door," he says in a soft voice. He was tired, I was tired, and we both hated fighting like this.

"Go away, If you aren't going to believe me then why should I talk to you," I snap at him. I got myself fo worked up that my stomach decided it was to much and I threw up. I cleaned up a little and looked at myself in the mirror. It's been almost a year in a week since Austin, maybe this is why i'm seeing things. Just knowing it's almost the anniversary of when things stopped, it haunts me. 

"Cassidy!" Sam says hitting the door once. I don't respond and look around the bathroom, for something. What no one knows, is that after what happened at homecoming, i went into a state of depression. Which with that came all the pain and silence I put myself through, which included cutting myself. It helped me release the pain, and no one ever found out about it. Those days were some of my lowest, and i promised myself I would never do it again as long as I lived. So why was I now standing here in the bathroom, holding a razor. I looked at it and then dropped it in the sink and started crying once again. What am I doing? I slowly opened the door and Sam was standing there leaning on the door frame waiting. I wrapped my arms around his waist and he pulled me into a hug.

"I love you," He whispered to me, and I knew he looked around the bathroom and seent he razor as we stood there, because he squeezed me a little more when he was facing the sink. I buried my face in his chest until I stopped crying enough to speak.

"I'm so tired," I said in a weak voice, because I was. Being pregnant takes a lot out of you, and cryinng makes me twice as tired.

"Alright," He says still hugging me as he walks backwards until we fall on the bed. I laid with my head on his chest, the sound of his heart beat slowly making me drift off. Maybe sleep will help me forget today.