Part 18

I woke up and noticed something heavy holding me down, I looked at Sam was asleep, his arm wrapped around me as I was curled into his side. Looking at the clock, it was 2am. How long was I asleep? I slowly moved his arm off of me and set it on the bed, he moved a little but didn't wake up. I let out a sigh and walked out into the hall way. I peeked into Cole and Lucas's room, both fast asleep. It was cute, Cole had Lucas on his bed, all next to him, and Lucas was holding one of Cole's fingers with his little hand, the two were so adorable. I smile and walk down the stairs, with as less noise as possible I found the light switch and turned on the living room lights. Cooper ran down the stairs, his paws making a loud sound on the wood floors. I groan and pet him to calm him down a little.

"What a mess I got myself into Coop," I say as I open the back slider door to let him go to the bathroom. I walked out into the warm spring air and leaned on the deck railing watching Cooper run around the back yard. We lived by the woods so we had a fence up, because Cooper had a habit of chasing the animals and not coming back.

"You do know that no one accused you of being crazy," Cole said walking out with Lucas in his arms. Lucas was half awake and half asleep. I look at him, then back at the night sky.

"Funny, because you all looked at me like i lost it or something today," I say with an upset/mad tone of voice.

"Cass, of course we are going to look into this. But, we also know that it's been a year now, and maybe you are just seeing things because you have a hard time believing this is all over," Cole says rocking Lucas now. 

"Colton I know what I saw!" I say in a more direct voice. He lets out a sigh and walks closer to me.

"Sam told me about seeing the razor Cassidy," He says making my heart sink.

"I thought we were over this stage long ago when we got you help?" he asked. He was right, when he found out about it in the past he told my parents right away and they made me go to classes to help my depression. I hated them for it, but i also understood why they did it, and to be fair it did help me.

"I know..... I just, I don't know Cole. Things are getting tough again, I can't be strong after everything we went through. I can't be happy knowing we killed people," I say with tears. I hear him moving around and then his arm comes around my shoulders. I look and he had Lucas in one arm and holding me in the other.

"They would have killed us and you know it. We did what we had to do to protect our family and friends," he says but it still doesn't make me feel any better.

"Cole, I'm scared," I say hugging him. I was scared for more than one reason too.

"It'll all be okay," he says kissing my head as we walk back inside.

The next morning I am woken up by an alert, from Sam's phone. The sudden beeping made both of us jump out of bed.

"Seriosuly!" I say still tired. Sam rubs his eyes as he looks at his phone.

"TJ has another person in formt he drug thing," Sam says grabbing some clean cloths and changing. I smile and get dressed in a simple ripped jeans, and a white tank top. I throw my hair into a pony tail and follow him downstairs where Cole is already dress and mom is over to watch Lucas.

"where do you think you are going?" Sam asked me before we get outside. I look at him and cross my arms.

"If you think I'm letting this one go you are wrong. This case is just as much mine, as it is yours. So therefore I am coming with," I say walking past.

"It's that bieber attitude coming out in her," Cole says with a chuckle as we get in the truck. Once we get to the station we all walk into the back where the rooms are. TJ was standing by the glass where only we could see the person but they can not see us.

"What do we got?" Sam asked flipping thorugh the papers. TJ nods toward the guy with his arms crossed.

"We picked him up late last night on the street. Josh caught him selling stuff to some minors and when we attempted to talk to him he ran. We knew he was part of this major drug chain, why else would he run?" TJ said with a smirk when he seen me watching the guy. TJ knew me well, he knew I always cracked people, it was a gift of mine to get the truth out of people.

"Let me talk to him," Sam says going for the handle. 

"good luck," Cole says as we watch Sam walk in. We turn the speaker on to here what they say.

"So, selling drugs to a minor?" Sam said sitting in the chair across the table from the man. Leaning on the table all chill and relaxed. The guy smirks at him and leans closer.

"Hello Sam," the guys says making us all look confused. How did he know his name? Sam looked surprised as well but recovered fast.

"So you know my name?" Sam says not showing any emotions at all, a trick of his. Something they teach us here so that they can't see any weak points one of us has.

"I know a lot about you, and your pretty little girlfriend," he says making Sam tense a little. Don't show weak spots Sam I say to myself.

"He's trying to get him mad," Cole said trying to stay focused as well. I watch carefully, hoping Sam doesn't crack. He simply just leans back and smiles.

"I don't have a girlfriend," he says playing it cool. The man smiles more and shakes his head in amusement.

"Cassidy Bieber, pretty young lady she is. Of course, I hear she has some pretty nasty scars and so do a lot of your little group of friends," he says. This gets everyone all worked up and talking. Sam was about to crack, I could tell. Who is this guy?