c.5

Lila's POV

"Sugar, this is Lila. Lila, this is Reiko." Savannah shares as she introduces us to each other.

The guy beside her is the literal definition of perfect. His hair is a mess of black on his head and it falls just over his bright gray eyes, curtaining them in a way that brings out the shine in his eyes. Those same eyes that are staring right at me. I blush and avert my eyes to run them over the rest of him. He's taller than me, like a lot taller, but that's no surprise as everyone is taller than me. His shoulders are tense and broad, muscles rippling under his shirt as he moves his arm to take my hand.

I bite the inside of my cheek when I feel his warm hands on mine and the sparks that elicit at the contact.

"Are you single?" Is the first thing he asks and it takes me by surprise. I open my mouth to sass him but he is ripped away from me sooner than I wanted and dragged out of the room by Savannah. When he comes back, he looks a lot more relaxed and gives me a bright smile.

"Sorry about that, sugar. He hasn't taken his meds." Savannah sighs out and I raise a brow.

My neck cranes up as I stare up at him. He stares back with a curious glint in his eyes. My face scrunches up. Men and their stupid tall heights. Of course, I had to be stuck with my grandma's shortness. Both of my parents are tall, actually, most of my family is tall except my grandma and I. I continue to stare before huffing at the silence.

"Why do you have to be so tall?" I whine and compare our heights, trying to reach the top of his head with my hand while raising on my tip toes slightly.

"I don't know, why do you have to be so short?" He replies and I scoff.

"I was born this way."

Forgetting that he was in the room, I jump startled when Logan starts singing and swinging his hips from side to side. "I'm beautiful in my way, cause God made no mistakes," He moves his fingers from side to side in time with the non-existent beat. "I'm on the right track baby I was born this way!"

I laugh at his movements. Who knew a football player would look dumb when dancing...or maybe it's just Logan that looks stupid. Gosh, I need to teach him some moves. As a matter of fact, I need to join the dance team. Yeah, I need to show everyone in this school how good I can dance. I grin at Reiko who's cheeks tint pink when he notices my stare.

I take his hand and drag him to my seat. "You seem smart, teach me?"

He bursts out laughing making the others glance at him momentarily before going back to their conversations. I pout with a grumble and when he sees it, he says, "I'm not laughing at you."

"Well, it sure seems like it when you laugh that hard after I ask for help. You're thinking I'm dumb, right?" Kaden was usually the one who helped me with my classes. It's not that I'm dumb, it just takes me a little longer to comprehend what we're learning. And it's not like this happens with every class because it doesn't, only with math and science.

"Of course not!" He exclaims. "I'm laughing because you think I'm smart. Man, if you saw me these past few weeks, you'd think my tutor's house is my new home."

I don't know why but that makes me clench my fists in annoyance.

"Oh. Who is it?" I ask, hiding the slight irritation in my voice. I avoid Reiko's gaze and look at the others. Savannah's usual bubbly self is gone as she shakes her head in disappointment and Logan just cackles..

"It's me." Vance says and that makes me relax. Well, my suspicions are correct. Everyone in this town knows each other. How fun.

"You're the new kid, right?" Some random guy comes up with a sweet smile on his face.