c.8

Reiko's POV

“What do you mean there are no dance classes in this school?” Liliano’s voice is deathly calm as we stand before the principal, Mr. Murphy, a high ranking older warrior.

Mr. Murphy glances at me and I shrug quietly as I stand behind my mate. The look the principal casts me makes it seem like he's intimidated by a simple human and I really wouldn’t doubt that. Liliano could be scary when he wanted to be.

“Yes, Mr. Michaels. Any dance courses were cancelled because of an incident that happened many years ago. We really haven’t had many requests to bring it back, and not enough to actually make the district consider it.” He sighs as he talks and looks ready to just drop and sleep.

“If you don’t mind, Mr. Murphy,” Lila says slowly before crossing his arms. “Please enlighten me with the reason.”

“Uh, well,” Mr. Murphy glances at me again and I can see the words engraved in his eyes: ‘Why do you have such a persistent mate?’ And to answer that, I have no clue. “Well, we were informed that a teacher of ours was sexually abusing our students and had threatened all of them if they spoke of the incident. Luckily, the student body president of that year spoke up and us faculty learned about what was really happening.”

“Are they dead?” My mate asks emotionlessly.

“No, she is very much alive. In prison, of course.” I watch Lila’s face when Mr. Murphy says ‘she’. Usually any faculty or student that heard the story would be surprised when they heard that the abuser was a woman, as if they couldn’t believe that women were also capable of such things.

“Well,” Liliano uncrosses his arms and walks close to the principal. “I hope she rots in there.”

“I do too, Mr. Michaels.”

“That still won’t stop me from attempting to have this course return.” Lila says matter-of-factly.

Mr. Murphy exhales a chuckle. “I can see that.”

“Now, what are the requirements?”

“Mr. Michaels, there are after school clubs that dedicate themselves to dance. Surely, you can join one that you see fit. I could lend you the information of the sponsors and the club capt-”

Liliano laughs out loud. "I'm not stopping from having this course return. So, What. Are. The. Requirements?”

-

“I think you scared him.” I say as we walk back towards the lunch room packed with teenagers.

“Good. That was my intention.” Lila makes a move to loop his arm through mine but stops and opts to stick close to my side. My wolf whines in disappointment, but I can’t help the huge smile that pulls at my lips.

“What are you going to do about the dance thing?” I ask as we approach the double doors leading to the lunchroom.

“Simple. I’ll recruit people. I’m sure there’s people in this school that like to dance, or are curious.” He chuckles and rolls his eyes. “It can’t be that hard.”

“Okay,” I say slowly. “But what’s your plan?”

He stops abruptly and looks up pensively. “I haven’t really thought about that. Maybe I’ll get the Mr. and Mrs. Grinch over there to compete against each other and see who can recruit more dancers. Or I can get my cutie to make a speech. Which one sounds more sensible?”

I think for a moment and go with Vance. “The speech.”

“Oh my gosh! I thought the competition was a great idea too!” Lila exclaims excitedly and hugs my arm to his chest. I close my eyes for a moment and enjoy the sparks and warmth the contact is giving me. I smile when he tugs on my arm and look down to see him already looking up at me. “Gosh, you’re really-”