c.1

Lila's POV

Driving at night is not fun at all. You can't see anything and it's really boring because there is no one to talk to, and if there is, they're usually asleep. So other things become options to relieve the boredom like talking to oneself—which I already did for two hours—, crying because you're leaving your only friend—which I also did for one strai-, gay, hour—, or singing—which I'm currently doing right now.

"We're riding down the boulevard,
We're riding through the dark night,  With half a tank and empty heart,      Pretending we're in love but it's never enough

Nah, As the sirens fill the lonely air,
Oh how did we get here now now now babe,

We see a storm is closing in, Pretending we ain't scared.

Don't say a word while we dance with the devil,
You brought a fire to a world so cold,
We're out of time on a highway to never,
Hold on, Hold on, Hold on, Hold on."

"Ouch! I didn't know dancing while driving would lead to cramps. Thanks Satan." I say when my leg cramps up as I bounce in my seat. I sigh and continue listening to the song as I drive through the silent, boring night.

Why I'm stuck driving at night was a mistake I made. I had plenty of time earlier in the day but I decided to use it to cry with Kaden... more like me doing the crying and him just holding me. Anyone would cry in my situation. I didn't want to leave the only friend I had made in five thousand years. Kaden Solari was my only friend and I'm so proud of myself for even making a friend.

Of course, this didn't mean I wasn't excited about moving. I was really excited to meet new people because I loved people. What I didn't like was that I've been having to move houses every year since I turned ten, with a babysitter or not. I somehow convinced my parents to not make me move while in Pennsylvania so I could stay a little longer with Kaden but that exception didn't last long. Now, I find myself driving on a dark road to Virginia.

I slump and yawn loudly when my stomach grumbles. I reach out, feeling around the passenger seat for a sandwich I had made before but find none. My stomach continues to growl but I ignore it until I find a diner.

I jump out of my car and look down when my shoes squeak. I debate on whether to change my squeaking Spongebob slippers or keep them on. They're rather obnoxious and usually I wouldn't mind them but looking into the diner, I see people. Eh, whatever. I'm not going to see them ever again in my life.

I enter the diner and wince when my slippers squeak louder. Crap. I think I should have changed them. But it's not like I have a choice anymore. The few people here are staring at me already with amused faces and why's everyone so big? They're scary looking.

Great! Just what I needed. Me, Liliano Michaels, wearing a onesie and spongebob slippers that squeak while in the presence of my possible neighbors. Great, just great. Let's hope they don't recognize me when I start school there on Monday.

I order my food quickly and sit down in a table far from everyone else. There isn't many people here, but those that are here are freaking big in size. Even the few girls. But maybe it's because I tend to look small compared to others. I've always been small.

I mean, of course, I've tried making myself bigger. I've drank like five thousand liters of milk throughout my seventeen years of existence, and I eat a lot of vegetables and meat. I'm pretty sure you need that to grow right? Like, protein is necessary.

Do I like being small? Yes, sometimes. I guess it has it's perks. I personally like having a size difference between my significant other and myself. It makes it more exciting. Though, none of my past boyfriends compared to the few guys here. These dudes are huge! Do they eat whole cows for dinner or something?