c.3

Lila's POV

I lied. I never went to buy food. I've been ordering takeouts for the past three days and I really think my intestines are dying. I know I should get some real food in me but I'm too lazy to go grocery shopping.

I drag myself off the couch after turning off Netflix. I'm pretty sure if I left it on and stood up, I'd sit back down seeing the TV on and watch another episode of the new show I started.

It's a romance drama. I giggle as I think of it. The start of it is kinda stupid but I'm stupid too so it's a perfect show for me. It tells the story of an unrequited romance and the couple trying to date each other without their families knowing.

I pout. I haven't dated anyone in a long time. I mean I don't need to and I'm not in search of one right now, but it sure gets lonely. Especially now that I don't have Kaden with me.

No. You know what. I don't need one. My last ex was a freaking asshole and I do not need that negativity and drama in my life.

Guys are assholes. But they're also really charming. So deciding is really hard.

I look at the wall clock my dad bought when I was young. It's not so late. I'm sure the grocery store is still open right now. I'll just pick up some essential ingredients like vegetables and fruits, eggs and milk, chips and chocolate. Oh! Maybe they have pumpkins! I'll buy two if they do.

I don't bother changing into decent clothes because there won't be a lot of people. I'll go in and come out like Speedy Gonzales. No one will see me.

I climb into my car after locking up the house and start my journey to the grocery store. I'm sure I saw one the first day while I drove to my new house.

As I predicted, the grocery store was close and still open. I smile and climb out, my slippers squeaking against the gravel ground. Of course I forgot to put on different shoes. Now people are going to look at me weird the same way they did at the diner.

I try to walk as lightly as I can, my slippers squeaking a little and more quietly. I manage to get to the fruit section before being poked from behind. My eyes close in reflex. Crap! What if it's the police coming to give me a ticket for wearing loud ass slippers at eight pm and making too much noise?

"Love the slippers. Where'd you get them?" I jump when a soft deep voice says from behind me.

I turn to face another guy around my age, a tad bit bigger than me. "Uh, I got them at Walmart."

"Really? I got mine at Target and they're Cosmo from the Fairly Odd Parents." He smiles and blushes when he looks over my shoulder. I glance back and notice that everyone's turned to their business but one guy. He's currently staring daggers at me or staring intensely at the boy before me. No in between.

"Is that your boyfriend? 'Cause if he is, you scored." I ask him while wiggling my eyebrows and his cheeks turn a deeper red.

He nods quickly with a shy smile. "Yes," He shakes his head with furrowed brows. "Well kind of. It's complicated."

"My whole life is complicated but I try to live my best life. You only live once." I say seriously and he starts chuckling. "But there's always going to be people getting in your way. You just have to find a way to overcome your fears and pass those obstacles."

He turns to look at the tattoo covered guy who is still staring at him. "And how would you overcome those obstacles?" He asks as I start shoving mangos in a bag, the cutie slowly following me.

"Kick ass." I say simply making him roll his eyes.

"I'm Vance Hemington." He gives me a smile and I return it with a grin of my own.