c.10

Reiko's POV

"Thank you for today, Reiko. I really enjoyed our date and I hope it repeats again?" Lila asks with a beaming smile.

His happiness makes me happy and I grin at him. "Of course. I'd be happy to go on a date with you again." 

He giggles and hugs me tightly before pulling back and kissing my cheek. I look down at him and he glances at my lips with a pink blush. I lean down, knowing very well he won't kiss me now and it's proven when he lowers his head. I sigh as Adrastos, my wolf, whines out his disappointment.

I kiss my Lila's forehead. "I'll see you around, Pumpkin."

He lifts his head and smiles. "See you, Tiger." He teases, making me roll my eyes.

Of course, this would happen. After a drunk girl dropped her alcohol on my shirt—somehow she didn't get caught—it seeped through and smudged all of the small tattoos on my torso. Except, the twenty-something tiger ones. Logan's little twin cousins are so going to get it once I get back to the pack house. How dare they attack a sleeping person in the woods? I just wanted a nap.

I don't even like Tigers!

I wait until Liliano's front door closes before getting into my car and speeding my way to the pack house. I'm still a little annoyed that Logan came out of the woods and scared my mate to death. He was clinging to me for most of the night mumbling to himself that he didn't want to die.

As I pull onto the dirt road, I see many teenagers and wolves making their way towards the pack house drenched in blood. Fake blood.

Pack tradition.

The pack started this many years ago as a means of entertainment on Halloween and after they noticed how much rogue attacks increased on this day. So now, Alpha Montez holds what we call The Chase which basically consists of pack members in wolf form chasing those in human form. Having wolves out on this day having fun but basically patrolling the land has made the rogue attacks decrease and less people get hurt. Of course, the few humans that are also in the pack participate in getting chased too just like Logan. Some members bring their human mates to do the same but it’s all between people who know about the pack. Though, there are occasions when a few of the rich people in the two towns that make up the pack lands, Avery and Kingston, pay to participate and Alpha Montez can’t really let that offer slide. One, it brings money to the pack and more money is better than not enough money. Two, he can’t really lie about what’s happening. If those rich people can pay their way into The Chase they can also pay for it to be stopped.

Of course, since teenagers are teenagers, there are always those that try to sneak their way into the event and that’s why there are pack members covered in fake blood. They act like they’re getting chased to death which scares them off. And it always works because every year, humans come up to Logan and ask how he survived. All he does is cackle and tell them it’s a secret.

I climb out once I park and make my way inside the busy pack house. No surprise since it's twelve, which is considered fairly early here. I stop to chug a water bottle in the kitchen and watch some pack members cleaning up. I help for a bit and once everything is clean, I make my way to my spare room. Not that I really use it as I sleep in my parents house, but I still stop by every once in a while. I sigh and slump onto my bed while kicking my boots off.

Today was amazing. I loved spending time with Lila and I'd love a repeat. His outfit was so cool as it shone under the lights and he kept singing a lot of Elton John songs. I have to say that man's music is always on fire. Lila's so fun to be around with and there wasn't a boring time during our date.