Another beating

Chapter one

Another slash. I could feel the silent streams of tears falling from my eyes as I watched Daryl grit his teeth, hissing at the pain of the belt hitting his bare back. It should have been me, I was the one who dropped the alcohol, not Daryl. He shouldn't have taken the blame, it should have been me. "Dad please stop!" I screamed urgently. I knew I should have been keeping my voice down as to not attract the walkers' attention but I couldn't bear watching this again. My dad paused whilst drawing back his belt, turning to me with that familiar evil glint in his eye, "and why should I do that? He deserves this! I asked for one simple thing, and the worthless son of a bitch couldn't even do it! He deserves it! He deserves everything he gets!" he snapped back at me. He resumed as he was before, but I interrupted him again before the belt buckle met my older brother's skin, "It was me! I dropped your alcohol, not Daryl! I'm so sorry I..." Daryl's head snapped up, he looked at me with fear and worry, tears threatening to spill from his eyes for the first time since our mother died, "No, don't do this! I can take another hundred beatings, just please not her!" he pleaded, but it wasn't going to stop him. My dad dropped the belt and walked towards me, his face red in pure rage, and grabbed me by the throat, pinning me to the wall. "Daryl.." I choked, desperately trying to pry my dad's hands from my neck. My vision was going black quickly and I knew this was the end. A freaking zombie apocalypse had broken out at it was going to be my own father that killed me. I gasped for air and struggled in my dad's arms, fighting to keep my eyes open but I couldn't help slowly slipping into unconsciousness. I felt my dad suddenly let go and I dropped to the floor, panting breathlessly. I felt myself being scooped in strong arms and I tried to speak, "Darrrl um sorry.. where dad gone..?"
"Don't worry about him now lil sis, we gotta go, it aint safe here"
"B-but.. where we gonna go?"
"I- I don't know lil sis.. I don't know"