Chapter 6: Brawn Or Books? Maybe Both?

Hey guys thank you for being so patient, you are literally the best readers ever.

I didnt expect to get so many reads in so little time when I updated, and this motivates me more so thank you for that...... and don't be hesitant to give me feedback.

Picture of Mr.O'Brien ^^

Copyright © 2014 Queanna Julien. All Rights Reserved.

••••••••••••••••••••••

Chapter 6: Brawn Or Books? Maybe Both?

I groaned in frustration when strong arms pulled me to my feet.

"Goodness Ms. Port be careful or I may just have to turn you in," a familiar voice mentioned.

I opened my eyes to come face to face with the newest, and not to devilishly handsome, addition to the staff, Mr. O'Brien.

"Thank you sir but whatever do you mean by that?" I questioned totally confused. His toned chest ensured that all my sense was whacked onto the ground along with my belongings.

"You've forgotten you have something of mine?" He said stooping down and picking up a certain ripped up text.

Realization hit. I had forgotten to return his book.

He seemed to notice when I face palmed myself.

"I am sorry really sir, I'm not a thief, I wasn't thinking and I just took it and-" I started rambling.

"Calm down Ms. Port, I wasn't about to turn you in I was only teasing, I was actually looking for you to tell you that you can keep my copy until you've gotten your own."

He handed me the beaten-up text and proceeded to pick up my belongings off the shiny wooden floor.

"I couldn't sir" I explained as I knelt to help him retrieve my scattered papers.

"I insist you have it, say nothing more" he said as he got up to give me a neat stack of pages, and I watched him disappear into the staff room.

Tara let out a sigh beside me, "If only he wasn't a teacher."

I nodded my head in agreement and we both headed to class.

The rest of the school day hadn't gone as I planned.

I hadn't seen Drew 'till lunch break, when he seemed to enjoy himself most. The sight was almost sickening, I didn't think I would finish my meal without spilling the contents of my stomach afterwards. At his table, sat only females, on the table, his lap, wherever they could squeeze themselves to find some way or the other to get his attention.

I was surprised that Myra wasn't anywhere to be found. I wonder how Tara felt about Drew treating her sister this way. I turned to face the red headed lass. She looked just as sickened as I was at the sight before us.

"Don't you feel some type of way about this?" I pointed to the tables of flocking girls.

"Myra knows what she'd gotten herself into the moment she decided to pursue their reationship," she looked at me tiredly, "I like to refer to it as an 'open' relationship, at least that's Drew's perspective."

I screwed up my face in disgust.

"Don't look so surprised, you probably fawned over him the first time you laid eyes on him" she stated sure of herself. I clutched my camera, feeling a bit embarassed and slightly stupid.

"I've known him all my life" she continued chewing on her panini, "he's a good guy and everything buuut when it comes to relationships," she shook her head "he can't help but be the way he is, unfaithful."