Is it hot in here? (Part 8)

(Mega's POV)

Finn screamed echoed in my ears.  He sounded so terrified and we did nothing to save him.  It's not like we had a choice.  I wasn't worried about them though.  I was worried bout losing people I knew closely.   I didn't want anything to die like bad and Skeppy.  But most importantly Zelk.  I mean he is my best friend.  Honestly, we've been friends for so long I can't remember that last time I didn't know him!

Zelk: MEGA!  Did you hear what it said?

I shook my head I was lost in my thoughts.  Like what did I do when I didn't know Skeppy and his server?  I must have been sadder then I'm already. Sh*t, I'm talking to myself.

Dream: I'll read it again,

Dear contestant, 

I'd like to announce your next Challenge is in the room in front of you!  In the room, will be three pods.  Each one of you will pick a partner and get into the pod.  Once you are in, you must try to find your way out of the pod.  If you chose not to get into a pod of can't get out before the others, you will lose.  Or in other words, be dead.   All you need to do is guess some numbers in the pod and get out before your friends, easy as that!

                                                                                                                                                                 -The Game Master

George: Dream and I can be partners!  

Skeppy: I guess we'll be a team Bad.

Zelk: So, Mega that leaves us!

I pushed my scarf to my face, it was so hot from the pod. I could feel the heat just be standing near it.  Zelk and I are great friends, and I'm just realizing the importance of this...  we might die?  Great, I sound like a cheesy action movie plot.  We stepped into the pod and hurried to the keypad.  Before I could press any of the buttons, Zelk stopped me.  "Mega, we have to wait for the timer." He whispered.  We waited for a long time, this was annoying and the GaMe MaStEr wouldn't turn on the timer.  Before I could say something to Zelk, I heard someone's Pod open.  I guess there wasn't a timer.  Great, We wasted time for nothing.   

We hurried to smash in number to try and get out. Technically we had all the time in the world.  Just as long as the other guys didn't finish. The pod was a tight squeeze, it barely fit two people and had a little window so people from the outside could see.  From our side, the window was just a black square.  I don't have time to name my surroundings, I need to start helping.

*- First time skip paid by free trial-*

This was living Heck.  It felt like we smashed buttons for 10 hours and we still weren't out.  My hands were tired, but Zelk seemed desperate to get out.  It seemed like every second we were in the pod, it was getting hotter.  Maybe it was just because their two dudes in here trying to get out.  That's when I realized, it wasn't just me, Zelk was sweating a lot.  It felt like we were being burned alive.  I tried to look outside of the window, but it was so tinted I could only see things up against the glass.  At this point, my skin was boiling and Zelk couldn't press the buttons anymore.  We were just laying down, like dead corpses.  My vision was getting blurry but before I passed out I heard faint sniffles from the glass.  Was this the end?

I tapped Zelk on the shoulder.

"Yes Mega"

' I think we're going to die' I signed

"I know mega..."

There was silence.

I wanted to say something, but I can't.  I just want to tell him.   How sad my life was without my best friends.  How I would have given up if I never found InvadedLands.  But I didn't, this wasn't the time.

'Zelk, I need to-'

Zelk put his shoulder on my head, telling me what was on his mind.

"Mega, I don't want to die yet..."

'Don't worry Zelk, it's gonna be okay.'

"Mega, I want you to know your my best friend"

'I can't imagine anything better then you as my friend

I wish we could stay like this forever.  I couldn't even feel the pain for the heat.  It didn't matter, this didn't matter.  I had my best-friend with me, it was unfortunate it was the end.  Hopefully in the next life, Zelk and I will see each other again.