Chapter 23

NO ONES POV

It's been about a week now, and the gossip around camp has calmed down. No longer are the cabins rife with whispers and spilt secrets. It's okay. It's fine.

Now, I'll take you to the people you've been waiting to see.

Alex sat laughing with his group, a smile on his face. Laurens is also with the group, instead sat a little further out. He mainly keeps quiet, seeing as he's done enough damage as it is.

But, whilst all was calm- it seems that these campmates just can't catch a break.
————————————————————————
LAURENS POV

It's dark, and we're all sat around the campfire. I look over to my right and see Alexander laughing a genuine laugh, his hair framing his face.

I hear a branch snap somewhere behind me, but don't take much notice of it. Someone suddenly sits down beside me, and I look to my left to see a guy with a cowboy like hat and boots, chewing a toothpick.

"Can I help you?" I ask, confused as to why he's here.

"You're gonna come with me, don't hesitate. Now." He says right next to my ear, his demeanour remaining calm as to not attract any attention. He stands, shooting me a glare. I stand, following close behind him as to not get lost in the dark. What is going on?

We walk across camp, arriving at the lake. He turns on a torch and changes out his toothpick for a cigarette. He lights the end, taking a long inhale before letting the smoke ride into the air.

————————————————————————

"If you care at all about your precious Alex you'll kneel here and stay very. Still." He speaks clearly. Wait, what does this have to do with Alex?

We wait about 15 minutes, the fake cowboy slowly urging me closer to the water.

(... I WaNnA bE a CoWbOy BaBy)

I see someone approaching with a torch, but I can't make out their face in the darkness.

"What do you want?" They speak, and I realise it's Alexander.

"Now. Hamilton, Ham, Alex, Lex. We have noticed that you have quite a bit of power around this camp. Well, a lot of power actually." The cowboy speaks. You can practically hear the smirk in his voice.

"We think that it's about time that maybe you hand that power over to the SMFDR. The revolutionaries have had it for a long time, and maybe it's time for a trade." He continues.

"A trade? Reynolds what do you mean a trade?" Alex questions. Ohh, so this is Reynolds. Makes sense I guess.

"You for lover boy over here." He shines the light in my face, pretty much blinding me temporarily. Ass. Now, in this moment I had my doubts, I did cheat on him after all.

"Lover boy? Oh, how funny. You think I love him?" Alex laughs.

"Because you're right."