Chapter 29

THIS IS GONNA BE REALLY REALLY SHORT BUT I HAD TO END IT WHERE I DID. YOU'LL UNDERSTAND WHEN YOU READ IT.

ALEX'S POV

They wheel my bed down to the OR and start prepping me for surgery, which may I add, is scary as fuck.

"Okay, Mr Hamilton, we're going to need you to count for us okay?"

"Can I do it in french?" I ask quietly, as I find it more comforting and it reminds me of my mama.

"Of course you can, sweetie." Doctor Bailey coos, what a lovely woman. They start pushing the syringe into my IV and Doctor Bailey began counting with me.

"Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf."

"Un"
"Deux"
"...trois-"
———————————————————

I wake up to blinding lights and two figures talking above me. As my eyes begin to focus I can make out the physique of Doctor Bailey and Shepherd.

"Hey sweetie, how you feeling?" Doctor Bailey asks softly, brushing the hair out of my face. She's so maternal.

"Okay." I whisper hoarsely, throat still sore from when they will have incubated me.

"Good, we're gonna take you back down to your room, sound good?" She asks. I silently nod my head and she begins pushing my bed to the big elevator. The ride is silent, and before long we're outside my door. Da-Washington opens the door and helps to bring my bed inside.

"He's going to be very drowsy from the anaesthetic, so he'll probably fall asleep. We screwed a metal plate on to his ankle to forge the bone together. It was very successful." I hear Doctor Bailey inform my parents. She leaves the room with a gentle smile and says that she'll come back to check on me later.

"You're so brave, son." I hear George say, his hand resting on my shoulder whilst Martha swipes her thumb against my cheek lovingly, as I drift off to sleep, but not before muttering-

"Thanks, dad."