III Nightmare

This idea came to me last night, however it was too late at night for me to write

This idea came to me last night, however it was too late at night for me to write. Or well.. I suppose too early since it was like 5 in the morning. But I hope you enjoy!
——————————————————————————
Imagine: You woke up from a Nightmare, and Negan comes to your rescue.

As the male watches you sleep in his bed, he notices something seems odd about you tonight. Your breathing is much heavier than normal, as well as small beads of sweat rest on your forehead, waiting to drip. At first he wonders if maybe your having a... sexual dream, related to him or another male. The thought of that makes him smile.

Soon though, you wake up in a startled manner, jolting your body forwards as you sit up, gasping for air. It's clear nearly immediately that something is wrong. The mans expression changes from happiness to straight worry.

"Y/N?" He asked, his tone held the same worry his face did. As the male stands up, you flinch. Something was definitely wrong. You had had a nightmare.

"Y/N... darling what's wrong?" He whispered as he approached slowly, he had caught your flinch from earlier. You give him the nod that it is okay for him to come near you. The male walks over, carefully sitting down on the edge of his bed, placing his hand on your shoulder. He can feel you shaking.

"I uh... just had a bad dream, Negan... I'll be fine." You respond, glancing down at his hand. You weren't used to such a kind gesture towards you. From anyone, let alone Negan. The male bit his lip, nodding his head. He begins to rub your shoulder carefully, noticing a knot in your muscle.

"You're shaking.."

"Yeah... I am..." You look down at the ground, closing your eyes for a moment as he rubbed your shoulder. The feeling helped distract you from the utter terror you felt moments ago.

"Want me to get you some water..?" He offered, gently moving your hair away from your face. A faint blush spread across your cheeks.

"N-no... again... I'll be fine, Negan. Thank you though.." You respond, giving him a kind smile. Honestly your found it somewhat... cute how he was acting.

"How about... I hold you? Protect you from the nightmares?" He grinned, gently moving closer. You two had only cuddled one other time, only because you two had gone camping and you ended up nearly freezing your a** off. Just the thought of that night brought a smile to your face.

"Fine.. you can do that. But watch your hands, mister."

"Will do, sweetheart." He chuckled softly, nudging you to lay down. With a soft sigh, you comply to his request. Scooting over on the bed so Negan will have room, you lay down. The male did the same, laying down beside you. Within moments, his arms wrapped around your waist as you were pulled to his body. Reluctantly, you rest your head on his chest. You can hear his soft breathing, as well as the sound of his heart beat.

"I hope you realize.. I'm only letting you do this because you wouldn't leave me alone otherwise.." You whisper, you get a soft chuckle in response. The male plays with your hair, raking his finger though your Y/H/C colored locks. Though he also messes with the back of your neck, and your lower back. Tracing circles and other shapes on your skin. You can already tell this will become a normal occurrence between the two of you.

"Can I ask what your dream was about?" You hear Negan ask a couple minutes in to your cuddling session. You take a deep breath, his scent filling your nostrils. The smell of wood and cinnamon making you smile. With a soft sigh, you begin to recall the dream.

"You and I.. we were uh.. on a run together. We got separated.." You begin to explain how on this run, a herd of walkers had forced you two apart. While separated, you'd been grabbed by an unknown group, and taken to an abandoned building. This group began to question you on the whereabouts of another group, one you didn't know even existed. But they refused to believe you. In return to thinking you were lying, you'd been tortured.

The group had carved things into your nearly perfect skin, as well as threatened to kill you if you kept "lying" to them. They soon revealed that they had taken Negan as well... well... killed him. They'd recognized his leather jacket, they never said why or how though. But the second they saw the leather, as well as him in general. They "put him down". That.. is what terrified you the most.

"Hey.. Y/N.." Negan whispered, pressing a gentle kiss to your temple. "I'm not going anywhere... okay? And I'm not going to let anything happen to you. Not while I, or any of the saviors are still breathing..."

—————————————————————————

Moodboard made by me, using PicsArt

Moodboard made by me, using PicsArt. Pictures found on Pinterest.