IX Birthday Surprise

First off I want to wish my best friend a happy birthday. And you all can thank her for this one shot! Enjoy!
————————————————————

 And you all can thank her for this one shot! Enjoy!————————————————————

"Babe, come on. We're gonna be late." Negans voice echoed through the hall. You were in the bathroom, getting ready for some surprise he had planned for you. Of course, you knew it was a surprise of some sort. But you didn't know what it was. That was the surprise. And the only reason you knew he had one, is because well.... he sucks at keeping secrets when it comes to you. One of the perks of being his lover.

"You telling me to hurry isn't going to make me go faster, Negan. You know this." You giggled out, touching up your hair with a comb. You hadn't done to much as far as getting ready. Besides a shower, and touch ups from what you'd already done this morning. You didn't really like dressing up much. Especially when he hadn't either.

As you stood in the mirror, fixing your hair up, you felt Negans arms wrap around your waist, causing you to squeak. His face buried into your neck, kisses being scattered along your skin.

"I don't know why you even set up a surprise, Negan. Today isn't anything special." You grumbled, gently pushing him off before setting the comb down, turning to look at him. His hand met your cheek. Instinctively you leaned into his touch.

"Of course today is special. Today's the day the love of my life was born." He chirped, a kiss being strategically placed on your lips.

"Mm. Love of your life huh? Thought that was Lucille?" You teased, causing him to roll his eyes with a smile. You were always fortunate enough to be able to get him to smile. Even with sly and somewhat mean jokes like that.

"Let's go. You look amazing." As always, he changed the subject. His hand slipped into yours as he pulled you from the bathroom and into the bedroom. He grabbed his coat, opening it up and holding it for you. He was always letting you wear his leather jacket. Especially when it was cold. You rolled your eyes as you allowed him to slip it onto your shoulders, adjusting it a moment later. Just like that, you were both out the door and walking along the corridors of the sanctuary.

As always, you got many stares from the saviors you passed. They always seemed to be shocked whenever you and him were together. Yeah, they knew you guys were a thing. But that didn't change the fact his ways before you came had been implanted in their heads. God awful things he did... the way he acted all high and mighty. But then you came into his life. And he changed just like that. And really... it was weird to think about it. So you never did.

As you walked, you guys didn't really speak. Instead his arm stayed around your shoulders, giving glares to anyone who looked at you strangely. You passed Dwight at one point, who smiled and wished you a happy birthday. You just smiled and nodded. Dwight was always kind to you. Hell... whenever you and Negan did fight, which was rare, he'd let you stay in his room until it cooled down and you guys made up. At this point he was like a brother to you. Same with Simon... just not as much.