Running Away and a New Friend

Songs of the Chapter:

"Kick Me" by Sleeping with Sirens

"In The End" by Black Veil Brides

Autumn-Rose's POV: December 31st, 2014 10:00am

  I look in the mirror and sighed. Ever since I met the cast 11 days ago, I've gotten a lot more bruises. Chandler's parents had to take his little brother on some school related trip thing in Ohio and of course, Norman volunteered to watch Chandler. I mean, he's 14. I think he can handle himself for two weeks. Right? Anyways, I found out a few things on what's going to happen today.

1- Mingus is coming home today, 2- They both do drugs, 3- Mingus has a girlfriend named Ally, and 4- They're going to give me a huge beating today after all of the adults are passed out from being drunk.

   They may think their little plans will happen well, they're not. You see, in about 10 hours I won't be here. I'll be gone. Yep, that's right. No more Autumn-Rose in this household. On December 23rd I ran into someone named Rebel. She has gray eyes with black scene styled hair with red streaks in it. It's quite cool if you ask me honestly. Rebel and I are the same age and are both to do the same thing. Run away from our home-life. She ran away 2 years ago when she was 11 from her home in Alabama and no one even bothered to look for her. Rebel and few other run-aways live somewhere in this area because the first time I met her, I was walking around the woods and she was sitting on a tree branch throwing stuff at me, trying to get my attention.

Flashback

Autumn-Rose's POV: December 23rd, 2014 2:30pm

   My feet are pounding as I run, my breath getting heavier and shakier by the minute. I couldn't care less though, I need to get away. You see, Chandler has been sneaking over to my house everyday just to give me a beating. Each day they're getting worse, he's gone from smacking to hitting to leaving bruises and trying to break bones. I couldn't hear him chasing me anymore but I still didn't stop. Knowing him, he was just trying to trick me into stopping so he could pounce on me and beat me even more. After running for about 10 more minutes, I decided to stop, catch my breath, and assess my wounds. I sat down on a pile of leaves and began to look at my arm-which Chandler stepped on- to see that it wasn't broken, but covered in bruises and fractured. Why does Chandler just HAVE to be a male and older than me? Then I felt something hit the back of my head, an accorn to be exact. I just shrugged it off and started to look up at the trees and daydream. Then another accorn hit me-harder than the first time if you were wondering- followed by a tree branch, bark, and a notebook. Why is there a notebook in the woods? I looked around and there was some girl who looked my age sitting in a tree trying to get my attention.

"Red head! Wanna chat?" She asked looking at me with a smirk.

"I guess, why not." I said hesitantly.

"Great! I hope you know how to climb trees because that's the only way we're gonna chat, if you climb up here on this branch." She responded with an evident smirk in her voice.

"Good thing I do!" I said then started to climb over to her. When I reached her, she had a look of shock on her face.

"Wow, I've never seen a red climb a tree before. You got guts red." The mysterious girl asked as we fell over a comfortable silence.

After about 5 minutes of silence, the mystery girl spoke up. "What's your story? I mean, you were running through the woods at full speed for a long time and not taking a break. Then you were checking out your injuries trying not to cry."

   I sighed and told her everything. How my parents left me, how it was like in the orphanage, Timmy, getting adopted by Norman, being hated on by Mingus, and getting abused by Chandler. The only thing that I didn't tell her was about my powers.