author's note

Did you guys notice the bold letters in each of the poems? Here's the full version of it and, now, you can see what the hidden message in the poem!

It's been a while since I've last written, so I do apologize if the epilogue seems to be a bit sloppy. I'm now in college which is the reason why I haven't been posting much (also because I've been into Milo Murphy's Law recently) but, hey, at least I was able to finish it hehe.

'Hyacinth Petals' has officially ended, and it's quite bizarre just by thinking about it. Looking back, I would've never thought that I'd be able to write four books of BTS Hanhaki. Let alone even finish all four books of this series. Younger me when I first wrote that YoonMinSeok Hanahaki would be extremely happy!

I love this series so much, and I feel a bit sad that it's now the end, and this time, it's the end. No surprise sequels, no surprise prequels, Hyacinth Petals is the conclusion to the series.

Also, you're probably wondering why is it that I made Yoongi fall out of love. Why is it that I made Hoseok suffer, and what is the purpose of this fourth book? Well, my answer would be the hidden message.

The theme of this story is about loving yourself and, though it's cliche, this is still something that we all need to be reminded of. Even at a time like this, we need to remember that we can still be happy even when we feel like the whole universe is against us.

Even though Hoseok was cheated on, he chose to live and to be happy rather than to die all because Yoongi doesn't love him anymore. After all these years that he had been putting others first, this time, he wanted to put himself first. Hanahaki had taken a toll on Hoseok which is why I think this story is the perfect conclusion to the 'Petals' series. Because it was about time for Hoseok to start loving himself, and I think all of you would agree to this.

Now, let me take this moment to say thank you to all of you. To those who have been with me from the start to the end, to those who have read the whole 'Petals' series, and who still stuck around after this whole time, thank you so much. It has been an amazing 1 year and 6 months with this Hanahaki series, and I'm happy to have finished the series that I've been dedicated to and that I'm in love with.

Finally, I'd like to say thank you to @moonjincakes. Thank you for always being there for me, for supporting me, for being the bestest friend ever, and for being my number one fan! Without you, I don't think I'd be able to finish this series sooner. You've done so much for me, and I'd like to say thank you so much! You're the best, and I love you fam! <3

(Shameless promo, go check out her stories and give her some love. She deserves all the love in the world hehe.)

Finally, I would also like to announce that this is not the end of the Hanahaki series. Yes, this is the last book of the 'Petals' series, but I will be starting a new one soon.

I will be starting my new series called 'Garden' soon. This time, it will be focused on Seventeen. It's going to be in the same universe as the 'Petals' series that means that there are things that will be connected (such as a bit of Joshua's side of the story). If you happen to be a Carat, then stay tuned for the series. But if you don't plan on reading it, it's fine. You reading the 'Petals' series from start to end is already enough for me <3

That would be it for me! Once again, thank you so much for reading Hyacinth Petals and for making it this far with me! To those who want to read the 'Garden' series, I will be publishing another chapter for it as an announcement. Not sure when, but hopefully soon enough!

Thank you for an amazing and remarkable journey with this BTS 'Petals' Series!

I purple you all <3

The End.

IPurpleSmeraldo 2020