Xiao [Something To Say]

"Ah-Xiao, let's go play today! I brought some fireworks with me."

"Xiao-Xiao, your eyelashes are so long, you would make a pretty bride. Oh! But don't worry, I support you even if you marry into the same gender."

"Xiao-ge, why are you always so mean? You're my shige so you should be calling me your shimei. Now, call me it, please?"

Distant memories of then floated into his head, the girl that seemed ever young and naive in her clumsy behavior was now standing before him dressed in a completely red gown. She was an imposing figure of respect, different to how she was a few months before everything changed between them. Her face was lightly covered with makeup complimenting her appearance, a jade hairpin tucked her adorned hair that was straightened to maintain her graceful figure. Gold designs marked over her hanfu, but the affection in her eyes and voice did not change in the slightest.

"Xiao, you're here. I was looking for you." She calmly called him in a sweet tone.

He flinched at hearing her voice down-casting his eyes downwards to his feet, [name] didn't exactly catch this though. Xiao on the other hand knew for a fact that he wasn't ready for this: to face her now.

[name] attempted to smile twirling a little in her gown. "So, um, what do you think? Do I look good?"

He looked up briefly scanning her from head to toe.

She was beautiful. Very, as a matter of fact, more than she already was without the extensive makeover.

"You're alright." He commented going back to looking away.

[name] playfully pouted mumbling. "You don't always have to be so curt you know..."

"I'm not being curt, I'm just being honest."

"An excuse for being curt then."

His finger twitched a bit at the response. "I'm not being curt." He repeated again, rolling his eyes lightly at her words, cheeks heating up a second after when [name] suddenly giggled. He raised a brow at her. "Why are you laughing?"

She grinned at him. "It's like old times."

He sighed. "That was only a couple months ago."

[name] hummed in response. "Mm, it was, but we barely spoke all of this time since then, so life now... Is different."

The atmosphere fell to silence at her words. After a moment of building up her courage, [name] proceeded to ask him her question. "You'll come right? To my wedding that is."

Xiao's chest suddenly clenched at her words. He averted the question with his own question. "You're marrying that guy Fa Long, right? Is he a good man?"

Her mouth was curved with some frustration, however she answered anyways. "He is..." Awkwardly she blurted out next. "You're not coming, are you?一 "

"Do I have a reason to?" He coldly cut her off without second thought.

There was a tremble in her heart from his tone of voice. "No, not at all." She denied softly sometime afterwards.

It was silent after. Time kept ticking, cicadas chirped softly, the sun was setting in the horizon and two hearts were fallen, filled with some weigh of heaviness within them. This was it. The last moments before she would walk away, away from him, from this small relationship that meant so much to him.

She slowly rose away curtsying in respect. "I have to go now." Turning around she was in the middle of walking off but abruptly stopped herself, unable to contain what was hidden from deep inside her.

"I don't love him, you know." The response was a sudden one.

Xiao's heart stirred a bit instead he pretended to remain unmoved. "Why should it matter to me if you do or not?"

There it was a second time... One step away, so close yet so far, and still, she couldn't do it. She couldn't say it, the exact three words he himself has been waiting to hear, yet nothing... She couldn't utter a word.

She muttered one last time. "I... I just thought you should know..." Seeing that he couldn't bother looking up at her [name]'s irises were struck with warmth. Her feet sped off at the doorframe without another word passed a certain boss lady of the hotel.

She glanced at where her figure had disappeared off to, a sigh escaped her lips the closer she had gotten to Xiao. "You didn't tell her...?"

There was a pause before Xiao answer back, unintentionally there was a sort of pain she could hear in his voice. "Immortals and mortals don't belong together."

"Definitively by the law of nature, yes." She held the teacup gingerly towards her lips as she leaned against the firm wooden railing overlooking the landscape. "You should chase after her."

"Why should I?"

She was unmoved by his coldness as she had already gotten used to it. "How to say it... Humans are creatures with short life spans, so we have always held ourselves to the standards of time by rushing through life and marriages in contrast to immortals who have the rest of time to live for their own."

The hotel manager couldn't help but feel empathy for him in her heart. "Love may come short but lasts an eternity in heart, you understand that already, therefore don't regret losing her too over a simple conception: You have a few hundred lifetimes to fall in love again, why not just try?"

His lips quivered. "How are you so sure?"

She smiled warmly. "Maybe you should try asking her yourself."

Xiao's eyelashes lowered. "I'll be back."

The boss lady chuckled. "Go ahead, I'll have the chef prepare your favorite tofu soup by the time you come back." Although he didn't give one back, he felt a sense of appreciation in his heart, disappearing an instant she blinked away. She laughed some more to herself. "Still like a child after all of these years..."

On the other hand, Xiao chased relentlessly through the crowds of colorful wear, red decorations outlined the street all the way towards a large, imposing building. He gulped, sighing to himself, proceeding to throw the doors open after he was sure of himself.

This was it.

"Wait!" All eyes cast towards the new figure in the room, gasped fleeing a couple mouths at the unexpected appearance. [name] who was in the middle of bowing with her fiance, had her eyes wide open with surprise crossed over her sullen ones.

"Xiao..?" She called him. Her heart thumped rapidly in her chest with anticipation as soon as his usually fierce gold eyes locked on her figure, softening up.

"I have something to say."

~~~

A bit rushed towards the end!

But here you go! Feel free to make a request to me. :3