Chapter 5: The Ball

The ball was going to be happening in 2 weeks. All of Briar's friends knew and invatations started to be sent. Briar and Apple had even went to the Tower Hair Salon. Briar got hot pink highlights and Apple's hair was cut so it reached midwaist. Along with that Briar and her secret penpal, Prince's Disguise, have been exchanging more hext messages on what they like and etc. One cloudy morning, Briar sent a hext about the ball.

Briar: Sooooo, are you coming to my graduation ball/party?

Prince's Disguise: ???

Briar: You told me you were in my graduate year, maybe you didn't get the invite yet

Prince's Disguise: Yeah probaly, think positive! :)

Briar: YEAH lol

Prince's Disguise: So what did the invite say?

Briar: The party's at 7P.M and it's at my home: Beauty Castle.

Prince's Disguise: Ok, thanks. See you soon then.

Briar: Alright, bye!

Finally, it was time. It was around 5 when Briar started showering and getting dressed. Her gown was pink and it looked like it was sewn by giant rose petals stitched together. She added silver fairy earrings and a tiara that looked like it was made of thorns with jeweled roses. Her shoes were like rose bushes with matching pink roses. She also had on a black faux fur scarf with light gray silk hemed, sort of like a pillow. Briar added black, dainty fishnet gloves. Her hair was wavy, but all the pink highlights were braided at the back. Lastly she put on light purple glittery eyeshadow and pale pink lipstick. Tonight was her night!

The guest started arriving at 6:30 and the adults started mingling. Briar stuck close to Blondie Lockes, daughter of Goldilockes, Ashlynn Ella, daughter of Cinderella and Apple White, daughter of Snow White. Madeline Hatter, daughter of the Mad Hatter's, dress was a real showstopper. It was a multilayered ruffer dress with teal, gold, white, violet layers. The top was a white blouse with a violet suit and ruffed cuffs on the sleeves. Maddie had teabag earrings and a large tophat with a golden teacup pin. Her white shoes were like a milk pourer and she had on her Signature polka dot tights. 

Ginger Breadhouse, daughter of the Candy Witch, had made many spellbinding desserts. The masterpiece being the rising cake. At first glance it was a regular strawberry shortcake, but when you approached it it would rise up to be a five-tier cake. Mrs.Breadhouse, the Candy Witch, was incredibuly proud of her daughter. Ginger wore a sparkly gold one shoulder dress. She had on a white headband with pink "frosting" covered all over and her pink hair let down. A black net lair draped over her hips and she wore a black chain with little dessert charms.

Everything was just magical. Nothing more can describe the happiness Briar felt when all the guest had arrived. When it was time to dance, Hopper Croakington even asked her for a dance. "M'lady, may I have this dance?" Hopper asked.

Briar smiled, "Only if you can dance as well as you sweet talk."

"A challenge," answered Hopper, "I'll prove it to you, sweet princess."

Everyone started waltzing, even the adults. After everyone was tired from dancing the adults and children were chatting. Raven rolled her eyes, "The Charmings are talking about me...again."

Raven Queen, daughter of the Evil Queen, had started dating the Charmings' second son, Dexter, during their third year of high school. To no one's surprise Dexter's parents weren't very happy about that, but couldn't persuade their son to break up with Raven. Since the Charmings wanted to keep their reputation very "high" they decided not to cause drama. The only good reasoning was Raven was technically a princess. Some found their relationship very romantic, others believed it was against the rules. Briar walked over, "Hey relax, enjoy the party," she said.

Raven winked, "I guess, I'll get some of Ginger's cupcakes then."

Apple strolled her way to Briar. "Hey Briar! Awesome party!" she complimented.

"Thank you, Apple. Danced with anyone yet?" inquired Briar.

"A few princes," Apple replied, "Didn't really mean anything. I just felt like dancing."

Apple's story was technically a mess right now, Daring Charming her assumed prince turned out to be Rosabella's! Along with that, Rosabella agreed to sign after realizing her story helped a lot of people, like the talking furniture. That left Apple, without an evil queen and a dashing prince for her destiny. Talk about an epic fairy-fail!

"Hey, your Prince Charming is out there! You just got to wait and see," soothed Briar.

"Yeah!" smiled Apple, "On a much happier note, are you and Hopper dating?"

Briar answered, "Nope!"

"Oh really, Miss Beauty?" teased Apple, giving her BFFA a nudge.

Then it was time for some gifts. Jade, Ruby and Sapphire Goodfairy, Farrah Goodfairy's cousins and also the three fairies in Sleeping Beauty's daughters gave their gifts to Briar. "I give her endless beauty," smiled Jade, in her stellar green gown.

Ruby granted, "I give you the gift of endless energy to party."

Everyone was filled with cheer, but someone was watching and that someone wasn't very happy. That someone was---Oh narrator!

Oh no it's Maddie! Better go now, byeee! TO BE CONTINUED...

Oh narrator, no need to be shy. It's just me! Madeline Hatter!