8: Investigation! 🕵️‍♀️

Byakyua togami... ultimate affluent progeny.. dead on the floor.. how? Who could have done this?

No. You know exactly who did this. Nagito..you glanced towards the culprit only to see his face as.. confusion?

I need more concrete evidence to make sure the culprit gets brought to justice. Or in the unlikely case it wasnt nagito, the culprit in general be brought to justice.

I made my way to the table where hajime was, and bent down, only to unfortunately see the same crime scene but closer.

But upon closer inspection there were goggles next to byakuya.. weird. They seem to be night vision goggles.. was there some sort of power outage?

I also saw some tape and a knife near the body.. was the knife stuck under the body with tape? That's strange.. the only way someone could have put tape and a knife under the table.. would have been that they were here before the party! Which means it WAS nagito..

I started poking around the body to see where the wound was, I moved my hands around his back, nothing. Around his head, nothi- a wig? Why was byakuya wearing a wig? I guess it doesnt matter right now.

I lifted him up to reveal some stab wounds, very thin ones. When compared with the knife found near his body.. they dont.. match? What else could be the murder weapon?

Without thinking it turns out I was mumbling to myself the entire time. So basically everyone watched me walk in. Start talking to myself. And feel up byakyua's dead body. Though I didnt notice.

Evantually I finished with the body investigation and decided to check with others.

"What are we doing standing around? Someone died.. we have to avenge byakuya." I say sternly to everyone as some people leave and others stay

I decided to talk to mahiru first, being a photographer, perhaps she took a picture of everyone so I can rule out suspects, though I'm 90% sure its nagito I think there was someone with him.

"Hello Mahiru. Have you taken any pictures of the party tonight? Before byakyua's death preferably." I ask the red headed photographer

"O-oh?! You s-scared me.. haha.. uh yea I did take a picture..  right before the blackout.. right before he died." Mahiru said glumly, clearly still shaken up by the death.

"I understand if you need some time.. but please if you could.. do you mind drawing out a map of everyones rough location? I can ask someone else for more info.. thank you" I say in a quieter voice to try and calm her down

"Y-yea.. okay I c-can do that.. t-thank you Mura.." mahiru says, clearly calmer then she previously was

As I looked around the room closer I saw gundam looking quite stressed, kazuichi literally looking like death itself, chiaki helping out hajime investigate, nagito in the corner weirdly calm, and sonia looking scared. I decided to talk to kazuichi and try to calm him down as I did before, and ask for more info.

"Kazuichi. Do you Mind if we talk.. outside the dining hall?" I ask him as I gently put my hand on his shoulder calmly

"AAH- O-oh.. hi Miss m-mura.. s-sure.." he agrees almost instantly and follows me out, clearly not wanting to be in the same room as byakyua which was understandable

"Do you need help calming down again? I'm fully capable of assisting you if need be." I ask him softly

He stays silent and hugs me, clearly he is in need of a hug and I'm indifferent to hugs so I allow him to get his fill

The plug lasted a bit longer then expected, I even heard kazuichi cry into my shoulder a few times. This situation was dire and I understood that. Though I received a weird but understanding look from Ibuki who was watching this unfold