student reader x villain shigaraki

the hero system was always unfair

the hero system was always unfair. i'm a student, well i used to be. i graduated from UA at the top of my class. my quirk made it impossible for anyone to beat me, yet i never got appreciation from it. it was just always expected of me.

but whenever i mess up it's all of a sudden the worse thing ever. even little things, it's like i can't do anything wrong anymore. i'm human, after all, i make mistakes. everyone does.

but society doesn't accept mistakes.

i never get any credit for doing any of my duties. the heroes make it so the famous heroes get all the attention and credit when they do nothing. i've saved lives and i don't get puts on the news or even a thank you, apart from from the victims.

but that's just how society is.

that's what it's like being a hero.

i ran through the streets, a kid in my arms. this kid was being threatened by some dark figure. he was a man from his build and he was tall compared to me. after finding somewhere safe, i sat the kid down in front of me.

" you're safe now, yeah? " i said, in the softest tone i could muster.

" m-my.. my mommy.. what happened to her? "

" i'm so sorry, kid.. i could save her.. "

" o-oh.. " the kid sniffled, their whole body shaking in fear.

i went quiet, picking the child back up. safe in my arms.
" let's get you to the police station, where it's safe. your mom.. she's in a better place now. "

the kid couldn't form a response, nodding their head and the whole way there they sobbed into my shoulder. it was heartbreaking. i almost cried but i knew i had to contain myself. i had to stay strong, to make things in the slightest a bit easier for the kid.

i handed them over to the police. they would take care of them and find them a good home. i just know it.

i walked the streets alone, it was dark and damp. the rain hit the floor hard and i had no coat or umbrella. i was just in my hero costume. i was soaked, shivering and lonely. it wasn't anything i wasn't already used to.

i looked at the floor, watching the rain hit the floor. i watched the reflection in the puddles. i could see the buildings that arched where i was walking, i could see the dark sky, the person on top of the building.

. . .

i froze, looking up to the building. no one was there.

i walked into the city, stopping by a TV store with the news on the little screens facing the window. a news report about a boy, 7, saved by mt. lady.

" mt. lady..? shes sick- thats.. " i froze. that was the boy i had saved. this made rage boil up inside of me. not only had this been the fifth time this month but it enraged me because of how much support mt. lady
will get for something she didn't even do.

" i'm so done with being a hero! " i shut my eyes and let out a cry of annoyance to the empty streets. at least, i thought they were empty.

" you are? "

i turned around to face whoever was behind me.

it was the man, the one who killed that kids mother.

tomura shigaraki.

. . .

" yes. "