Prologue

“Madame…”

Said the waitress, patiently gaining attention from the only lady customer left, sitting at the corner alone on her table with a cup of tea and elegantly cupping her sweet, perfect chin.

The waitress looks at the lady; it seems her mind floats as the waitress observes her. The waitress is also taking a glimpse of the rain pouring slowly and slowly outside those classic window glasses sill of the restaurant.

“Madame…”

The waitress said politely and patiently; she never left her side. She waited for the lady's response by looking at her, and she looks around, finding some staff members at the counter also observing them.

The tiny classic restaurant rested at the corner of mini streets at the old building that was spared from demolition, preserved as a heritage site in the place. That includes these tiny little classic restaurants also saved and spared by the local government; the owner also paid a hundred thousand bucks for its treasure for the place.

“Mada —“

She was about to gently touch her shoulder. The waitress stopped when the lady simply looked at her eye to eye; those blank stares she had were very noticeable.

“I heard your presence,” she replied, pulling her sleeves wrapped around her slim arms and slender fingers like a mannequin. The sleeves wrap like a glove, with a coat resting on the back of the chair, where she's sat. She gently touches her collar down to her neck; still, her eyes are blank.

“Address me, miss. I'm still too young to address me, madame, and also not married,” she added, not looking at the staff. Who took a glimpse at the classic band on the stage, still performing their piece?

“Uh…apologies I didn't— “the waitress sounds a bit hesitant the very unusual night for very unusual guests for the old classic little restaurant having a group of musicians with their instruments to play until midnight.

“Uhm…miss…about an hour the place will be close...” she politely said at the same time, reminding the elegant young lady in front of her, still looking at the window.lankly.

The waitress observing her pulled out her shiny purse made of leather. She traces the edge of her purse. The young lady started strange-looking those files of cards without further hesitation. She glided her fingers of familiarity with gently pulling the shiny edge gold color card placed on top of the table. The staff was stunned by such a delicate manner. How this woman delivered those words herself. And how she carries herself with such quiet behavior.

The other female staff at the counter, observing as she's watching the co-waitress, was fascinated by their guest...

-

"Let It Rain" is a book collection of short stories on fictional characters of Ferguson-Women.

Each book has its own unique journey. How they lived their lives, maintaining social status. As they deal with each of their past traumas and relationship experiences. Living the best life they had, including the love affairs of [women-loving-women], how it changed, to see their very own cold world from a whole new, different perspective.

Let's uncover and deep dive into knowing each character of Ferguson women in the "Let It Rain" book collection.

Writing Platforms: PATREON, Inkitt.com, and Wattpad.com, same pen name (if other sites might be stolen).

Authors Note:

Hi, thank you for checking out my book. Consider errors, grammar, and phrases will bump ahead. This may include trigger warnings. I would like to mention that English wasn't my first language. I speak a few, as you may know. I tried my very best to give you a heads-up before you finish reading this, in case you'll (ROAST ME) on the Review Section.

Every writer/storyteller has their own unique writing style.

Have a nice day and enjoy reading! xxx
Thanks again...♥️

All images ccto

— tws