Chapter 31 Death

Third person's POV

"Where is he Abhiman? It's so late."

A worried Meeta Sanghi asked about his son to her husband. Karan was supposed to pick them from the airport, but he still wasn't there. Even his phone was switched off.

Suddenly Abhiman's phone buzzed. It's was an unknown number which aroused curiosity in his mind.

"Hello, am I talking to Mr Sanghi?"

The voice was sounded worried.

"Yes who is it?"

"I am talking from the City hospital. Your son Karan was in a major car accident but ambulance saved him on time. He is in a very critical condition and needs a surgery ASAP. We request you and your family to come soon."

"Yes... we'll be there."

He hung up but his heart was skipping beat with every single moment.

"Abhiman who was it? Why are you so worried?"

"Call Deepak and ask him to urgently go to the hospital. Say we are on the way."

She was confused but he told her everything and went to the hospital.

On the way they tried Naina's phone, but it was unreachable. Only one thing haunted in their minds, they can't loose any of their kids now.

They reached the hospital and saw their son being operating and was on a critical life support for survival.

"The glass was pierced in his whole body, doctors are doing their best to intoxicate him. It's a good sign that his brain is unharmed. But still he's critical, we don't know if he'll make it or not"

Deepak told them while consoling crying Meeta beside him.

"Who did this to my son!" Abhiman's voice was angry and was ready to kill those people.

"Police is still inquiring, but they didn't got anything. No evidence, no proof. All the CCTV is destroyed."

"What about Naina where is she?"

Deepak's eyes lowered to tell how guilty he was feeling.

"I couldn't find her anywhere not at office or home. I even tried calling Shreya and Daksheeja...but no luck."

Meeta wiped her tears and prayed for both of her children.

"Whoever did this to my son, and keeping him away from my daughter...they won't be forgiven."

Deepak got scared with both of them but only one thing filled his mind, where was Naina?

"Is everything okay Abhiman?" He came and stood beside Abhiman. Meeta gave him a death glare.

It was none other than Gagan Sanghi. Even in his voice they could hear suspicion.

"Do you think this is okay!" Abhiman screamed on him and grabbed Gagan's collar smashing his elder brother hard on wall.

"What are you doing Abhiman!" He was scared like a cat is when a dog barks.

"If I ever come to know that you or your son was involved in this...I'll destroy you completely. Don't think I'll spare you as my big brother!"

His bloodshot eyes were enough to scare Gagan to hell. But he knew his younger brother didn't warn him as a child's play.

"I don't know what your saying but I am not in contact with Nakul since he betrayed our group." He was horrified to see this side of his brother and even Meeta or Deepak were not stopping him.