Prologue

Loki looked down at the headstones. The two deaths were his fault. He had sworn that he would protect them, when they were so very young. They were still so very young when it happened. They never got to live the lives that he promised them. He stared at the ground as he remembered that night...

The infant twins lay asleep in their golden cribs, as Loki peered at their soft features. They were only hours old and so innocent, their auras surged with power. Their fates, destined to be full of fear and death.

"I must keep you safe," Loki decided, "I will protect you till my days are over. I will always be there to protect you."

Loki could hear the familiar heavy footsteps approaching and teleported away as the door opened.

"Always..." His voice resonated in the air.

"I made one promise to you and myself and I failed." Loki fell to his knees, broken sobs escaping his throat.

He made the old wiled flowers vanish, only to be replaced by new ones on each stone marking the lives of the little ones.

Heimdall watched from his post at the bifrost, Asgards magic giving abilities that at that point in time, he wished not to have. 

I was really nervous to submit this, my friend told me that I should, so here I am. I don't expect to get a lot of views or anything, it's more of a finality thing for my brain. ALSO I want any feed back on my work. This was originally for NaNoWriMo for my English class, we had to write 5,000 words for the assignment but I went really overboard and my teacher thought I was crazy and wouldn't read the whole thing but only two pages. Now I'm just going on and stalling to publish this.