Ch 22: PT 3: Is It A Crush?

Previously: (short recap)

Skylar found who did this and settled a problem. She showed a side of herself that no one else shall ever see or ever see again.

Now:

I walked inside and handed Mel her keys. I gave her a quick thanks and walked away. I walked up stairs and went to my room. I took my hair down and started picking leaves out of my hair. I brushed out my hair and took a long hot shower. When I was done I plugged my phone into the charger and sat it down on my nightstand.

The night was clear and beautiful. Pure and pleasent. A soft cool wind blew through the night. As I climbed onto the small balcony on the second floor I sat there. Enjoying the night. Breathing the air. This was a pure moment in time. One I would never forget. I had a moment of pure peace and serentiy.

After a few minutes of silence I heard foot steps coming up the stairs. It was Chris. "Hey." He said as he noticed me. "Hey. Wanna join me?" I asked hopeful he would say yes. "Yeah. Id like that." He said with a bright smile.

"Its beautiful." He said sitting down. "The night? Its so pure and calm." I said leaning my head back to look at the stars. He did the same. "Yeah." He said after a moment. He was different then before everything happened today. He seemed to have a glimmer of hope in his eyes. I had gotten lost in them. "Why are you looking at me like that?" He said smiling.

"Sorry! I got lost thinking." I said quickly. I looked away. "Hey. What did you want to talk about earlier?" I asked him. "Uh... It dont matter. I talked to Mel about it. Did Zach speak with you?" He asked me changing the subject. "Yes." I answer. He nodded his head and for the next 30 minutes we sat there in silence as the cool night air blew all around us.

I let out a quick yawn. "What time is it?" I asked after I yawned. "Around 12:30." Chris said as he laid down looking up at the night sky. "Im gonna head to bed. You okay?" I asked him getting up. "Just thinking... Can I ask for some advice?" He asked sitting up. "Of course." I said taking his hand helping him stand. He was taller then me so I had to look up a bit.

"I like this girl. But I dont know how to tell her. And I dont know if I should surprise her or take her on a date or something." He said. I felt my heart shatter at his words. 'Like you'd ever have a chance with him.' The voice in the back if my head said. "What is she like?" I asked. "Shes beautiful, smart, funny, strong, protective, talented, and so much more." He described her.

"She sounds amazing. Does she like surprises?" I asked him. His face dropped at my question. "I dont know. I guess not. But. What would you do if you had a crush on someone but did know how to tell them?" He asked me. "Well... I would watch them a bit. To see if they showed any intrest in me. And if they didnt. Id leave them alone. I wouldnt push it. But if they showed intrest in me... Id talk to them." I answered his question as honestly as I could.

'Kiss him!' That voice yelled. I almost wanted to. What a lie. I did want to. Chris is everything ive ever wanted in a partner. Everything ive ever wanted in a friend. "This girl." I said after a mimute of silence. "Is she romantic?" I asked. "She may be. She mostly stays to herself. But from some things that ive seen her do. She can be romantic if she wanted to." He said. "Surprise her. Something with roses and candles. Take her on a picnic or something. But wait a while first. Get closer to her. Learn more about her." I said. "Thank you." He said then hugged me. I hugged him back. Tightly. I breathed in his scent. I almost didnt let go. After a few minutes we let go of each other and went out seperate ways.

I went to bed and so did he.

He has a crush on someone.... He dont like you... Youre only wasting your time... Give up....

The voices yelled that on repeat until I fell asleep. After at least 6 hours I was awoken due to a loud knock at my door. "SKYLAR!! GET UP!!!" A voice yelled as I ran to my door and unlocked it. I swung my door open and seen Bryan standing there with worry and pain all over his face. "WHATS WRONG!" I ask scared.

I was standing in my door way of my room in a small tank top and my underwear. Nothing else. But that didnt matter. Bryan was freaked out. And I didnt know why. "Hey!" I exclaimed to get him to speak. But he only pointed. Down stairs.

I ran down the stairs as fast as my tired body could carry me and Mel pointed out front. So I ran to the front door and seen a bloody box with my name written on it. Only one person had done this before. My ex. The one who forced me to do something I didnt want to. The one who stole my innocence from me. I instantly picked the box up after grabbing a garbage bag and threw it away.

"Damn it!" I exclained punching the trash can as hard as I could. I was covered in blood. From my waist down and my hand and parts of my arms. Covered in blood. I wanted nothing more in the moment then to scream. The hits just keep on coming. "Thats a death threat from my ex." I said as I walked up to Mel. She knew which one I was talking about. "The one who?" She asks. I nodded and didnt move. "Can someone get me a towel? I dont want to get blood everywhere." I asked. I was handed a towel and wipped off most of the blood. I threw the towel away and walked inside.

Still making a trail of blood behind me. I took a quick shower getting dressed and cleaned the blood off the floor. "Im sorry. Ive done nothing but cause problems." I said to Zach and Mel. "Youre fine." They said at almost the same time. "We'll be okay. And we'll protect you from the people who want to ruin you. Im not letting them touch my neice." Zach said protectivly. "Does everyone know im your neice?" I asked quickly. He nodded. "Would it be okay if I went back to bed? Or tried to at least." At my question he nodded and shoved me out of the room.

From then on until things calmed down and the people trying to hurt me were dealt with I wasnt aloud to go anywhere alone. I didnt fight it either.

For weeks after that incident I always had at least 2 people with me. Sometimes only one. When things started to seem normal again life was going back to the way it had been. I wasnt looking over my shoulder 24/7 and I wasnt afraid for my life anymore.

1,247 words.

Wow... Well... Things are getting better. Or so they seem.

We figured out what was going on with Chris. He had a crush on someone. But who? And why is Skylar so hurt? She knew he didnt like her like that.

The next chapter will be a time jump of 3 weeks.