Blanket

I looked at his face that looked down, trying to review the subject he learnt online just now. His concentration caused his brows to furrow, lines marring his forehead, and his hand absentmindedly pinching the pillow. After a while he raised his head, must be, he felt the intensity of my stare to his every change of expression.

"Why are you staring at me, Joong? Hungry? But, we already ate dinner. Are you bored? Sorry, I only have tonight to review this subject again, after this we'll be busy with training and work".

I shook my head in denial, even when actually, I was a little bored. But, I couldn't always make his time, mine. I looked at the clock on the wall, it was already one in the morning.

"You still don't feel sleepy, P'?", I asked, concern. He lost a lot of weight recently, must be because of the amount of dance and workout to keep fit, yet I couldn't help but worry.

"A little, but still, a few more pages, and then I'll be done. You can sleep first, it's alright. Don't hoard the blanket", he teased me. It's always an unconscious fight for a single blanket, not that we couldn't find another one, maybe we just didn't want to, almost liked an unspoken agreement.

I didn't have anything else to do, so I just laid down, and play games on my phone, trying my best to accompany him that was tired but still persisted. It was not until another hour, that he left everything on the floor next to the bed, put off the light and laid down next to me.

We both were sleepy but not yet asleep. Something was not spoken but had been in our minds for quite some times. After a long silence, I started.

"P'Nai, could I ask you something?"

"Hmm?"

"We could easily say we missed other person, but yet, between us, the word is golden. Not just you, I admit, I couldn't say it directly to you too. The fans always listened what we wanted to say to one another first, and then we got to know it from them. Sometimes I wonder why are we liked that?"

"Some words are easily said when the person is not in front of us, Joong. But, it doesn't mean the value of it lessened. Fans cheered us on, and we felt encouraged by their support. But, some may still think it was part of service or something. Regardless, as long as we know the real worth of it, then it's alright. We couldn't control how other's mind, worked".

"If one day, I'll say it directly to you, would you take it seriously, or would you smack my head thinking I am just playing around?"

"I don't know, because that day has not come, yet", he answered, with a smile in his voice, "Eyy, don't you have to go to a shoot early in the morning? Sleep, or else I'll have to kick you again to wake you up fully".

"Alright. Good night, P'Nai", I said and closed my eyes.

The alarm sound from my phone caused me to sit up, disoriented. The room was too dark. My hand reached the phone and shut it off, and looked at the clock; it's four in the morning. Arghh, too sleepy still to wake this early, but I stood up, took my towel and went into the bathroom to take my shower.

I went out of the shower and switched on the room's light fully and get ready.

Nobody was on the bed. I sighed and bent down to fold the blanket. It was just a dream, mixing the time of then; when one blanket was always enough for two; and now; when one blanket meant, it's just...only, you.

I switched off the light and went out of the darkened room.