Mind Reader

Joong

"Awwwww... P', stop! Stop! You're not deliberately trying to punish me, right?", my brows furrowed, I was holding the pain in by biting my lips.

"Yes, I am. That's for being stubborn to go to the football tryout when I'd already told you we would have event to attend tomorrow", Nine said without being subtle.

"Because I really wanted to be in the varsity team, and also it is my passion, P'.." I said, pouting.

"I am not scolding you out of nowhere, Joong. Your ankle already sprained during the dance practice. So, I could guess, it won't be able to bear another straining exercise. It seemed my care was wasted", he said, finished massaging my sprained foot with cooling gel, and stood up.

"Where are you going, P'? I need help to wash up; sweating; from the tryout", I said with puppy eyes.

"Don't kid me, Joong. You still have two working hands and also another foot, that bathroom is just less than 10 feet away...", Nine said and packed up his things to back to his dorm.

"Then, just go. Nothing will go wrong, I meant, even if I fall down, well...", I purposely stood up and tried to move, but a bit wobbly, "ermm, unstable, but it's alright, I'll hold on to the wall to move around...", I took a towel and hop a bit, slowly to the bathroom door, "Oh, my, the shower floor a bit slippery; damn, a hazard; my poor head...", I mumbled, all the time ignoring Nine who had grabbed the knob of the door, but hesitated to move out.

I almost closed the door when it was pushed open again.

"What, P'? Need anything in here?", I asked, playing innocent.

"Alright! I help you! . Not that I didn't know what you're trying to do, it was damn obvious, you giant baby, but, I'll keep thinking about it even if I go...", Nine said in exasperation. He gave in.

I smiled, pulled off my shirt and pulled him in.

Nine

An hour ago

"Nine, I tried to call Joong but his phone is off", I could hear the panic in  P'Mhee's voice through the phone.

"Nothing P', he's gone to the football tryout...", I said, already known about the tryout this evening from my fellow senior that was the varsity club  member. He also asked me to come and root for Joong, which made me known, that Joong still chose to go there.

"His ankle not yet healed, what is he doing! God, that stubborn baby!", P'Mhee grumbled.

"Let him be, P'. It's his passion. We could only help out if he needs it, later", I said to calm his nerve down.

"I thought you were against it too, Nine? I heard you talk to him about it yesterday?".

"Well, I need to be the older one, sometimes, so that's why the talk. Though I worried, I really won't stop whatever he choose to do, P' ".

"Where are you now? Going to the field to watch him play?", P'Mhee sighed heavily, and asked.

"Oh, no, in my room. I expect, he'll call later on, definitely...", I told him with a tiny smile.

"And, you've already prepared everything?", P'Mhee really knew both of us well.

"Yes, P'. Cooling gel, ice pack, bandage, disinfectant; well in case there's an open wound; a spare shirt and short; he must ask me to stay later on; and also my toothbrush".

"You both are crazy! . Why am I stuck with the two of you? Argh, my head hurt, the fanmeet tomorrow... ".

"You love us still, P', more than you are annoyed. The event...don't worry, we will improvise, oh, the fans usually are more creative anyway, they would help and support too... ".

"Alright, Nine, then see you guys tomorrow. Tell Joong, I'm mad at him", P'Mhee said sternly, but I knew that he smiled, and then ended the call.

Not long after, the call that I'd been waiting for came in.

"P'Nine... Could you come and fetch me, I'm hurt...".

I took my car key, locked the door, and went to the baby who must be holding the pain in, until I arrived, and then he would whine.

The End