From Moon To Sun

"Why are you staring at me? Did anything smudge?", the weather is too hot and the shooting took longer than projected, something about getting the right amount of light for better photos.

Joong just shook his head, "No, but I was thinking of asking you to go for a Japanese food tonight, but since the shooting has taken a long time to finish, let just forget about it, you need to rest. Class, tomorrow, right?"

Joong was too busy nowadays. Only when we got the same schedule for work that we got to meet. I shook my head and held his arm."It's alright, let's go still, after this when you'll be in two more productions, we won't get the time for an outing anymore".

The call came again for the photoshoot to continue. After 3 more hours, it's wrapped up. It was already eight. My feet hurt for I had to wear my heel boots to balance the height to match Joong who was growing taller within a year.

As we got to the car, a call came for Joong from the company. He was needed for an ad hoc shooting call at 4am tomorrow. The main actor's schedule changed because he needed to be at another location by lunch tomorrow for another production. That was how it was, plan always change at the last moment in this industry, especially when the main actor was in demand for a few other productions.

I looked at Joong, question in my eyes whether he wanted to be send directly to the quarters or to still eat out. "No. Don't cancel, Nine. We got time, even if you send me back, I'll still sleep late". I nodded and we went to eat at the usual place. At almost 11, we were parked in front of Joong's place. I waited for him to go out, but Joong was hesitating.

"After this, we'll see less of each other.  I haven't even been to your home to visit Mae in months..."

"It's alright, vid call is enough, Joong. We'll be in contact still".

"It's not the same. I miss spending time with your family, and also...missing the scolding I got, bickering with you on the mess. Now, my room is in the same mess, but there's no one to nag"

"Then you should feel better, right?"

"Should be...but it's not. This place, here, it's so quiet...Anyway, alright, you need to move. Thanks".Joong was about to open the door but I locked them back. Joong turned, with a curious expression on his face.

"Joong...want to go back home with me? I promised, to send you back here before the scheduled time".

"But, you'll be tired, your class will start in the morning, and more, the traffic is liked hell, then you need to go back and..."

"Just yes or no", I cut all his reasoning. Joong was quiet, took a deep breath and sighed heavily. He took my hand and squeezed hard...slowly let go and shook his head. My heart went south.

"I need to grow up", he said and chuckled exasperatedly, "You...won't always be here to baby me everytime I feel down, Nine. You have done so much already. Besides, after tonight, things will be back again as it is, so, the effort to change, must come from me, sooner rather than later. You don't have to be worried too much anymore". He smiled, said his thank you and went out from the car, giving me a huge smile and vigorous wave of goodbyes. He signaled me to move, but I signaled him to go inside first. He nodded, turned and walked in.

Although the back was so familiar to me, he was not the same anymore; he really was maturing well.

But still, I couldn't help but feel liked I had lost something so precious; the innocence of a vibrant youth who looked at me liked I was a moon who gave comfort in a cool night air.

I know, I was still a sun to him, but the thing with sun is, sometimes it becomes too blinding that the person looking will close his eyes...or move somewhere else for shelter, from the scorching heat.

The End