002

JADE

I groaned in frustration as I erased the few lines that I drew on the paper in my sketchbook. I lost all inspiration for my drawing. It happened over night like magic! I tired my hardest to find ideas in anything that I have access to. The city, the people, even the subway station wasn't doing anything to help me with my troubles.

I live alone in a small apartment in Korea. Where I've lived my entire life. This has never happened to me. I was always able to draw without worrying about running out of ideas.

I closed my sketchbook and packed up my supplies. I don't have any family other than my dad. My mom died during child birth so I never really knew her. I wouldn't say that my father was a terrible parent or anything like that. But I guess you could say that he wasn't there.

We only ever interacted when we ate dinner when I was younger or when I needed something. So I didn't have much of a happy childhood but it could've been worst.

I threw on my jacket and pulled my shoes on my feet. I grabbed my keys, and cellphone, my sketchbook and a few pencils and walked out of my apartment.
------------

The cool fall air whipped in my face as I walked down the leaf covered side walk. It was quiet and peaceful. The usual. I stuffed my hands in the pocket of my leather jacket making my way towards the subway station.

Who knows maybe I'll find something worth drawing.
-----------
Still no luck. Even though I was pretty disappointed about not drawing anything today I decided to walk around the city.

The signs were bright and colorful you couldn't even miss them if you tried. There were families laughing and playing around. The city is a very beautiful place to be. You can meet all kinds of interesting people here.

I decided to go to the nearest cafe and get an ~Iced Americano~. There are still a few hours before nightfall so I have time to find a good park and sketch a tree or something.

I walked into a small cafe called
"카페 컴포트" (Cafe comfort)

"Hello welcome to Kape Keompoteu!" a cheerful young girl said from behind the counter. She bowed with a smile on her face. I gave her a simple head bow and shifted my attention towards the menu to find the prices.

Once I found the Americano on the menu I stepped closer to the counter to order.

"You ready to order?" I nodded.

"Can I get a venti iced americano," she nodded and typed something into the register in front of her.

"Is that gonna be all for you today?" I nodded.

"Okay that's gonna be ₩311.00," I pulled out my wallet and handed her the money.

"Alright what's your name?" she grabbed a venti sized cup and a black permanent marker.

"Loren," she nodded and wrote my name down.

"Okay I'll have that out for you in a little bit."

I walked over to a table and sat down in one of the chairs to wait for my drink.

I scrolled through instagram and checked some of the comments on my post recent post.
--------------------

lorenisalone •••

lorenisalone                                                    •••

185,679 likeslorenisalone  dread carefullyView all 13,473 comments 19 hours ago--------------------load more comments

185,679 likes
lorenisalone dread carefully
View all 13,473 comments
19 hours ago
--------------------
load more comments

Kaylafox I think I'm in love with you 🥺
20h 105 likes Reply

Not.Yeri I CANT WITH YALL COMMENTS 😭
20h 169 likes Reply
- view 15 replies

Lorenisalonefanpage So when's the wedding?💆‍♀️
19h 213 likes Reply

Aestheticsudays Mom I think I'm in love😍
19h 112 likes Reply

TateLia I ain't ever seen someone so fine my god 🤍
19h 120 likes Reply
--------------------
I chuckled and shook my head.

"Loren!" I looked up from my phone and saw that my drink was ready.

"Thank you for stopping by! have a nice day,"

"You too," I gave her a small head bow and made my way out of the cafe.

I looked up at the sky and saw that it was getting dark.

I should head home the park can wait 'till tomorrow.

I made my way to the subway and sipped my coffee.

•HOME•
--------------------