{JADE's MEMORIES} filler

OUR CHRISTMAS EVE TRADITION

I stood on a stool beside my mother as she added red food coloring into the meringue. We were making french macarons. It was a tradition in my family. Every year on Christmas eve we would make red and green colored macarons with a custard filling. My dad was working on the filling, my mom was working on the red cookie batter, and I was mixing green food coloring into another similar-sized bowl of meringue.

I was about seven at the time and I had been doing this ever since I can remember. It was one of the things that I looked forward to every year. Usually when Christmas day came my parents would tell my cousins, aunts, uncles, grandpas, grandmas, etc. That I made the cookies all by myself and they would shower me with kisses and compliments. That was why Christmas was always my favorite time of the year.

I hummed along with the Christmas music in the back.

Have yourself a merry little Christmas
Let your heart be light
From now own
Our troubles will be out of sight

I swayed slightly at the feeling of absolute happiness. The house was warm and decorated with a large traditional green Christmas tree. It wasn't too flashy or bright it was just right.

(I rhymed ;)

Mini Christmas Playlist:
This Christmas
~ Chris brown
•Have yourself a merry little Christmas
~ Micheal bublé
•What Christmas means to me
~Stevie Wonder and/or John Legend
•All I want for Christmas is you
~Mariah Carey

'TIS AUTUMN

I giggled as my mom made funny faces at me while bundling me up in pretty Autumn clothes. Today we decided to go to the pumpkin patch to get some pumpkins to carve for Halloween. Then we would go to the store to buy candy for the trick or treaters. This Halloween I decided not to go trick or treating myself because I wanted to watch movies and eat candy with my family. (Plus it was extremely cold and I didn't want to get sick) I think I was around nine at this time.

(So she moved from Korea to America while she was twelve going on thirteen)

I pulled on my brown boots with the help of my dad and ran outside.

I opened the car door and jumped in...I landed on my stomach. I was just too excited to get the pumpkins that I did things without thinking. But that didn't stop me from buckling myself up and rushing my parents to get in the car.

"Appa! Eomma! Seodulleo!" I yelled patting my thighs impatiently.

(Translation: Dad! Mom! Hurry up!)

I heard a chuckle escape my dad's mouth as they walked towards the car.

"joh-a gongjunim uligaogo its-eoyo," I gave them my brightest smile as my mom fixed my seatbelt and my dad got in the driver's seat.

(Translation: Alright princess we're coming)

"Eomma hurry before all of the good pumpkins are gone!" I said switching from Korean to English. I learned a little each day because my parents wanted to move to America so I could study there when I got older. I kicked my legs around as she finally got into the passenger seat.

I honestly don't remember much from this day but I always vividly remembered this part. I hold it close to me because It's one of my only memories of my family. One where my parents aren't fighting and I'm not locked in my room crying and praying for everything to get better.

Mini Autumn playlist:
'tis autumn
~Nat King Cole & His Trio
•Autumn in New York
~Billie Holiday
•Hold you tight
~CHEN
•Autumn Serenade
~The Modernaries

________END OF JADE's MEMORIES _______