006

JADE

It was the day after I met up with Loren and I was currently looking online for jobs.

Although my thoughts often drifted to the events of yesterday, I pressured myself to stay focused.

I mean after all I've been at this for at least 2 hours and so far I found nothing. Everything was either too far away or too much for my petite body to handle.

God, why can't I just find a good cafe or
something? I groaned into one of my pillows.

I scrolled down on the website and something caught my eye. Kape Keompoteu. I repeated the name in my head trying to figure out where I heard it before.

....
"OH THE CAFE THAT LOREN AND I MET UP AT,"

I covered my mouth and looked at my hotel room door. I screamed loud and I wouldn't be surprised if I got some complaints. I waited a few seconds but no one came to the door. I held my heart and sighed in relief.

It would suck if I got kicked out of this hotel after one night. I turned my attention back to the screen in front of me. There was a picture of a poster that was on the window of the cafe.

(I had a stroke trying to read/write that)

(I designed this myself and I'm very proud of it)

I looked down at the short paragraph under the picture. It was just a small summary of the cafe and the history behind it. I skipped to the last sentence trying to find more info about applying.

Click this link for more information! :)

I let a small smile grace my face.

"It looks like things are going to go smoothly for a while," That is if I get the job of course.

Don't get ahead of yourself Jade.

LOREN's POV

I kicked my feet up on my desk and strummed along to the song that I had playing in the background. I had gotten a guitar from my dad a few Christmases back and I kinda picked up on it pretty quick.

🎶All the sh*t you put me through🎶

(Empty trash ~ by Løren himself lol)

I nodded my head to the music and let the words fill my head. But of course, my mind didn't focus long enough.

My thoughts drifted towards yesterday and the time that I spent with Jade. I can honestly say that I was sad when the night ended after boba and another walk in the park.

Flashback to yesterday

We walked in silence just watching as cars passed by. I stole small glances at Jade as we walked toward a boba shop.

Everything felt perfect. It was quiet except for a few birds chirping here and there, but I didn't mind it. Jade had this small but content smile on her face.

I looked down at my shoes a slightly shook my head which caught the attention of Jade.

"Something on your mind?" she asked in a soft voice.

I shook my head and smiled at her.

"It's just crazy to think that we met just yesterday and now we're hanging out the very next day, " she giggled softly and nodded in agreement.

"Yeah I guess you're right, " she placed a piece of stray hair behind her ear.

"I guess it's not every day that you meet a stranger one day and become friends with them the next, " her smile widened as if she had one of the best prizes in the world.

"I'm enjoying this you know, " my stomach did a weird tingly thing when she said that but I simply ignored it.

"That makes me feel like great, " I made eye contact with her for a few seconds but she looked away trying to hide her blush.

I looked forward and saw that we had made to to the boba shop.

And just like that the night ended off with boba and a long walk in the park.

Back to reality

I really hope to see her again soon. Being around her felt...good. Like I could just walk around without feeling judged or watched.

That sounds pretty sappy though doesn't it? Being around her feels like a utopia. I've only know her for a day and look at me now. I'm all star struck.

I just can't help myself.

Some girl.

JADE's POV

I finished signing my application for the cafe and decided that today is the day to buy groceries.

One of my favorite things about this hotel is that it has a full sized fridge. It fits a good amount of food and drinks, and it has a ice and water dispenser.

I pulled on a long sleeve white shirt that has lettuce hem at the sleeves, collar, and the bottom. I paired that with straight leg blue jeans, a beige trench coat, and white sneakers.

I pulled my hair into a messy bun and left my bangs out. I stood in the bathroom and dabbed a little bit a of pink lip tint onto my round lips. I finished the look of with blush and mascara before heading out the door towards Namdaemun market for groceries.

MARKET•
_________________________________________