008

❕⚠️TWMENTIONS OF ABUSE

JADE

I grabbed the keys out of my crossbody purse and opened the door to my new apartment.

Let me elaborate for you...

After I had the tour with the landlord I just knew that this place was right for me. There was even a wall that was lined with three giant windows. It had a beautiful view of the city and the greenery.

It was the perfect size for two people but it's even better for one.

I bought the house three days after the tour without hesitation. I live about ten minutes away from the cafe and at least five from the subway station.

Finding this place felt like a dream come true. It was already fully furnished so I needn't worry about buying anything of the sort. There was a balcony right outside of the sliding doors, which I am very excited about because I can drink tea and listen to music all day.

The couch was dark grey with fluffy white pillows and a matching throw. There was a glass coffee table on top of a circular white rug. Orchids stood beautifully in a pearl sheer vase in the center of the table.

The dining room contained a circulation glass table with dark grey chairs to match. Napkins in a napkin holder stood next to a bowl full of fruits.

The kitchen had white countertops that sparkled, dark grey cabinets and drawers that matched the couch and the dining room chairs.

My bedroom on the other hand isn't decorated. Well not completely at least. There are two nightstands on either side of my queen-sized bed with lamps on top. A cow print rug lies in front of my bed which is just plain white
(for now). There is a desk in the far left corner in front of a window with a view of the city.

(⚠️Mentions of abuse ahead!!)

Overall I was just happy to have a REAL place to call home. No more getting abused or blamed for my mother's mistakes. No more long nights worrying that my mom would come home drunk and ready to beat the living daylights out of me.
...

No more hiding away in my room every day too scared to come out and face my mother.

I shook the negative thoughts out of my head and sat my suitcases down in my room.

Think positive Jade you moved here to get away from your mother not to dwell on the bad memories.

I didn't bring many things here from California because I didn't need to. I didn't have many things in my room but that was my choice. I knew that I wasn't gonna stay there for long so didn't even try decorating my room with anything.

I smiled happily as I looked around my apartment for the fifth time. So far everything has turned out great.

I've got a good job, a home, Loren-

Loren?

What is going on with me? Loren is a friend of mine nothing more. Now is especially not the time to even think about a relationship. Maybe in the far future but nowhere near now.

LOREN's POV

Jade and I are meeting up again and I have something decent planned.

Nothing romantic or anything of the sort. Just two friends hanging out.

I'm taking her on a tour to some of the most popular places in Seoul. If we stay out late I plan on going to Myeongdong street food alley to have dinner. I was thinking of Ttegkbokki or Mandu.