Chapter 12

Daisy was pacing in her room when I went to check on her. She was staring at her feet as she took each step. I noticed she was holding on to a see through blue glass shoe. She glanced up when I closed the door behind me. I sat on her bed and watched her take three steps before turning around to take three more. She sighed before she finally sat down.

"Did Sam really have to pick him up?" she asked me as she fiddled with the shoe.

"Hunter?" I asked her wondering why he had her so riled up.

"Yes Hunter." She practically growled, "Not only is he frustrating and annoying he had to be cute on top of that. Why are you smiling?"

"I didn't realize I was." I said as I put my hand over my mouth.

"You're laughing at me aren't you." She said as she watched me.

"Maybe a little but mostly cause I don't get why he's getting to you." I told her and she put her head on my shoulder.

"Well the only guys we have to choose from at this moment are three adults. One of which is gay. The other two are just a bit older than I like. Micah is with Sawyer. Axel is a bit young," She said, "Then we pick up Hunter and I don't know he's good looking and he's picking on me."

"Well maybe he's picking on you because he doesn't know what to do about you. Maybe he thinks you're good looking too." I told her. She looked like she was going to say something but changed her mind, she was smiling now though.

We both froze as the bus started shaking. It felt like there was an earthquake, only we weren't in an area where that was something that happened. Sydney came back to the room and got us to the living room with everyone else.

"Sorry for the rocky ride guys. If I would have stopped they would have swarmed us so everyone hold on and try to keep each other from getting hurt." Sam said as we started going faster and there were even more bumps.

"What happened?" I asked as Aaron kept me from flying into Hunter's lap.

"Red Eyes. A whole horde of them started coming at the bus. All we could do was try to go through them but we are running a lot of them over." Aaron told me as he grabbed Hannah before she hit her head on the table.

"Whoa hey now." Hunter said to Daisy as a particularly rough bump sent her into the air. He pulled her down on to his lap and had his arms around her like a seat belt.

"Thanks." She said to him and stayed where she was.

"Do you think the fire is attracting them?" Sawyer asked as Micah kept her from bouncing around by keeping his legs over hers.

"Maybe all I know is that there is a bunch of them." Tone answered, "Sam do we have a plan if we can't get through?"

"The plan is to get through." Sam answered.

Everyone got quiet and was holding on to each other. Maybe even praying as it seemed the bouncing around wouldn't stop. How many Red Eyes are out there to cause this much shaking?

"Don't worry we are also on a dirt road so not every bump is a Red Eye." Aaron told me as if he had read my mind.

"What?" I asked him.

"Sorry was thinking out loud." He responded as the bumps were becoming fewer and farther between each one.

"We're through." Sam said and everyone cheered, Daisy kissed Hunter. She pulled away and he looked like he was lost in her eyes before she got up and went back to her room. She winked at me as she walked by.

"Whoa." Was all Hunter managed to say. Micah looked between him and Daisy's closed door and just started laughing. Hunter looked at him and I noticed he was blushing a bit, guess he did think Daisy was good looking after all.