Chapter 17

We pulled up to the hospital; there was a tall skinny guy with spiked light brown hair waiting for us. He was standing next to a golf cart looking vehicle with a girl who had long ruby red hair. Sam got out of the bus and greeted him with a hug. We all got off the bus slowly, not sure what to expect.

"This is Drew." Sam said. "Drew this is everyone."

Sam introduced us all while he pointed us out.

"You guys sure packed a bunch of you on to that bus and I'm guessing from the look of all of you there wasn't a shower." The red head said eyeing us.

"This is Diamond, my girlfriend. Please forgive her rudeness, she wouldn't know what to do being on a bus with a group for survival." Drew said and Diamond shot daggers at him with her eyes.

"Where's Denny?" Sam asked.

"He's around somewhere; I couldn't find him to tell him you were here." Drew answered as his chocolate brown eyes found mine. He smiled at me and I couldn't help comparing myself to Diamond, who was standing next to him watching. Her long red hair straightened and her green eyes were lined with black eyeliner and done up with a smoky eye look. She had her lips red and she was wearing some sort of designer clothes. I had my long brown hair in a ponytail, no make-up. I probably still had dirt on my face, and I was wearing jeans and a black tank top. Diamond was eyeing me when she saw Drew was still looking at me. I shifted, uncomfortable and found Aaron.

"Looks like you're making friends." He told me nodding towards Drew and Diamond.

"Oh yeah, maybe if looks could kill, her and I could be best friends." I responded avoiding looking back at the couple.

"Yeah little mermaid over there is shooting daggers at you but the boy looks curious." Aaron told me.

"Little mermaid? Really?" I asked him.

"It's the hair." Aaron responded laughing as a wheelchair was brought out for Hannah.

"I hope you won't be offended but I'm going to have all of you stay in the hospital tonight. For observation and so I can get rooms ready for everyone." Drew told us, "If things are as bad as you said, I have to keep everyone here safe. We'll bring everyone clean clothes and you all can shower and relax."

I noticed Daisy looked a little nervous to be leaving the bus. I realized she hadn't been off the bus for any long period of time since Tone and Sydney had found her on it. Everyone else seemed to be excited about having some space. We had gotten a bit crowded lately on the bus living on top of each other at all times. Sam was talking to Drew as we followed the nurse taking Hannah into the hospital. There were a couple more nurses waiting for us when we came through the doors.

"Males go with Joe. Females come with me, my name is Mary." The older looking nurse said to us. Aaron squeezed my hand and smiled at me.

"I'll see you soon." He said as he headed over to Joe. I realized I was shaking as we followed Mary down the corridors. The nurse pushing Hannah seemed to be heading the same way as us.

"I'm sure you're all ready for a shower and new clothes." Mary was saying, "We're going to have you use the showers in the locker room. Don't worry there's individual stalls."

They took Hannah. The rest of us were given bags. They contained soap, shampoo, conditioner, hair brush, tooth brush, toothpaste, sweatpants, and t-shirts. We were directed to the women's locker room and told to meet up at the nurse's station when we were done. In the locker room there were separate stalls with showers. All four of us found a stall and after entering, found there were bags with directions. We were to put our names on the bag and place all our clothes and shoes into it, and then drop it down the chute. The hot water felt like heaven and I was surprised to see how much dirt was coming off of me. The water going down the drain was brown. I scrubbed my hair twice with shampoo before moving on to conditioner. I stayed in until the water ran clear. I finally turned off the water and grabbed a towel off a rack in the stall. I dried off to dress in the sweats and t-shirt that were provided for me.