Chapter ten

Nikki picked up her potions book after class, ready just to head back to the common room before her next class "Ms.Potter" Professor. Slughorn said, just as Nikki turned to leave. She turned back to face her Potions professor.

"Yes, Professor?" asked Nikki, she walked up to his desk, holding her potions book close to her. She wasn't sure what he could want from her, maybe James was falling behind on his potions work, again. And he wanted to have Nikki to remind James about something.

Professor Slughorn sat down slowly in his chair "I presume you've heard about my little potions club." he began, and Nikki nodded "I was wondering if you would like to become the newest member of the Slug club" he offered.

Nikki bit her lip, she knew that Severus was in the Slug club, but so was Lily "Well, Professor, you see.." began Nikki, peering over her shoulder, as the next class came in, which just happened to be the fourth year advanced potions class.

Severus and Lily both happen to be in this class as well.. Nikki wasn't sure if she would be able to handle being in the slug club with Severus, if it was just with Lily, she would do it  right away. Or maybe even if she didn't accidentally confess her feelings for Severus she could do it.

She shut her eyes and sighed,  as she looked back at Professor Slughorn she opened them "You know what? Sure I will join" Nikki replied, she wasn't doing it for Severus, at least she didn't think she was, she was doing it because he loved potions.

"Great" said Professor Slughorn  "There is a dinner party for people in the club, the next one is next week, in my office." he added, as he began to search his desk for something.

Nikki nodded, as she turned around she held her potions book closer. Nikki headed to leave the class room she glanced over briefly towards the older students,  and muttered a Hello to Lily Evans as she walked past, as well  as another Gryffindor student she sat with during meals.

Just as Nikki went to walk out of the class room, Severus went to walk in. Nikki looked at him for a second second before looking away and shut her eyes, silently cursing her luck.

Without another word or glance to anyone in the room, Nikki rushed out and headed straight for the common room. Why did she have to blurt her feelings out like that? Everything was okay before that.

But now, Nikki felt like she messed everything up, she couldn't even be in the same room as Severus without feeling stupid. Not to mention that things between her and James were even worse than they were before, all because she had to have loose lips.

After some walking, Nikki finally got to the common room, there was barely anybody in the common room, most were at their classes. Expect for the few that had some time in between their next class, some students came back to the common room to finish assignments that were due the same day, Nikki always assumed it was for the next class.

Nikki went to sit down near the fireplace, when a letter caught her eye on  a small table, James Potter was written in oh so familiar handwriting. Nikki picked the letter in curiosity, when did their mother send James a letter? She didn't get a letter yet from their mom...

The neat hand writing, and the ever familiar red ink brought a bit of sadness to Nikki, she missed her parents. Nikki's hands ever so slightly as she unfolded the letter, to see what her mother had written James.

Dear James,

We would love to have Sirius stay with us, how long would he like to stay with us? He is welcome to stay however long he likes, with that terrible family of his. It would be nice for you to have another friend around here, and that way you won't have to pester your sister all day.

And now, regarding your problems with Nikki, while she is your sister you still need to let her figure out some things, it is her first real crush after all, even though it is unfortunately on a Slytherin student.

Also, James you must remember Nikki is a teenager. much like yourself. She is going to go through times where she hates you, and wishes you weren't her brother, I remember a time no to long ago where you felt the same.

Love, Mother.

P.S. Stay out of trouble.

Nikki stared at the letter for a moment longer "Reading James' letter?" asked Sirius making Nikki jump, she folded the letter back up and set it back on the table. Sirius was now standing in front of her, his hair seemed to be more curly than usual today.

"Are you really coming to live with us?" Nikki asked quietly, she knew how Sirius' life was at home, his family hated him. They especially hated him for being sorted into Gryffindor, while the rest of his family, including younger brother, were sorted into Slytherin.

Sirius grinned half-heartedly "Yeah, my parents don't know though." replied Sirius "Not that they would care anyway" he muttered under his breath, barely loud enough for Nikki to hear him, not that he wanted her to hear him anyway.

Nikki bit her lip uneasily before letting a small smile form "Well, I guess I can say welcome to the family then." she said, making Sirius grin more happily now "And that also means I can force you out of my room if you go in there for some odd reason" she teased.

A part of Nikki was unsure of how this was going to be for her from now on at home, she knew that now that Sirius was going to be living there, she was going to be the main target of some pranks that James and Sirius come up with.

Then Nikki began to wonder, what else was going to change this year? Things seemed to be changing so rapidly, while she wanted change, she didn't expect to get so much of it,  and not so close together.

But, nonetheless, there was something about this year that Nikki was enjoying, despite all the pain,changes and drama  that came along with it. And she was already looking forward to the rest of the year, and even her next year.

A/N: So sorry for the long wait and how short this chapter is! However, I'm already working on the next chapter, as I know what I want to write for it. I promise that the next chapter wont take as long to get put out.